Is this person's review a joke?

hince57

Anytime I read a review I have a rule. It is disgard anything said if the poster can't say at least one thing good. I know you can't please every one every time. But if you can never please someone, there is something wrong with them, not you.

I gotta say, I've been on only 4 cruises, with 3 lines & I have never had anyone rude to me. Never. These employees bend over backwards to help you if you ask nicely. On a cruise, you get the best service you will ever see.

Too me, the poster of this review is a troll & should be regarded as such by all the good posters here. Thanks for allowing me my rant.

My thoughts EXACTLY, and I use that principal for any and all reviews, and not just cruises either, but hotels, etc, etc.

That was my exact thought - perhaps he was a problem on the ship and was forced to leave....

I hope the service on Cozumel was to his liking! :D

LOL, RCCL should buy an older cruise ship on ebay and call it the Springer of the Seas.

Then you can only sail on that ship if you can not find anything good to report about from your last cruise.

LOL, :eek: imagine trying to find a deck chair on that cruise!!! :D

Okay, so we have an idea for a new thread titled - Springer of the Seas, where we can post the names of all the trolls like Jimmie boy here.

...I'm getting a picture here... ...The SOS just goes around in circles, never stopping...like in "groundhog day" - that should drive 'em nuts.

Sounds like a grouch to me. One of those people that looks at the glass half empty rather than half full. You probably could have given him the cruise for free and he still would have been unhappy.

I feel sorry for the RCCL employees that had to deal with him. I have been on 2 cruises on ROS and 1 on NOS and RCCL employees bend over backwards to keep you happy. We have enjoyed all or our cruise. Trying to decide which one next.

Jimmie seems to be an amazing person. Most people will respond to questions or comments about a review they have made. Jimmie hasn't responded to anything. Obviously his review is a farse since he wont'/hasn't made any other comments.

Please delete this thread in another day or so. Jimmy:p only wanted attention from somebody because he isn't getting it at home.

hope that's not calling me out, the op...i was just looking into my upcoming ros cruise, and saw this person's review...from all i can tell, this review was posted by somebody who may not have an account on cc

Wow! The guy was not a happy camper! I keep a thick stack of singles within quick reach for room service as they rush in and out so fast you have like a minute to tip them! I never had a problem getting a coke anywhere on the ship and in my experience the crew is very friendly and helpful. I say either the guy is a miserable person to begin with or a troll. :)

Honestly, I don't take any consideration in the all negative "this ship is crap" reviews. These are people that get annoyed by one little thing and let it spiral out of control and lets it ruin an entire vacation they spent a lot of money on. Now "everything" is wrong and the fault is blamed soley on the cruiseliner. Funny how people on the same cruise come home having a totally wonderful time. 90% is all in a person's perception and whether to shrug it off or blow off steam the entire cruise.

The same is said with 100% perfect vacations. While I know vacations are great, absolute perfection is hard to come by and letting everyone know things that could be improved, even little is also worth reading.

I like reviews that lists pro and cons and a little more info that could help future cruisers. I can tell within the first paragraph whether I will read the entire review or not and his was not one of them. His horrible time will not deter me from going into my cruise ship with a glowing positive attitude, heck I am on vacation!! If it affects others, shame on them:rolleyes:

Every time I see the name "Jimmie" I can only think of the "Seinfeld" episode where the character named Jimmy referred to himself in the third person for the entire episode.

"Jimmy was on fire playing basketball today."

Dr. Evil :)

I beleive he had to leave the ship due to an unrelated issue. When he left, the ship would no longer allow his family to continue charging on his credit card and that frustrated him completely. After he got that straightened out he was unable to call the ship to comunicate that with his family. At least thats how I understand that portion of what he posted. Regardless I don't care for how he insinuates that anyone who could enjoy their cruise must be an ignorant bubba.

As a certified Non Bubba who has traveled on Rhapsody many times, don't let this silly review color your impressions of the ship. If you look in the review section, his review sticks out because almost every review is 4 or 5 stars. In 10 cruises, most of my minor negatives have been on passenger behavior - NEVER on cruise personnel. Rhapsody has some of the funniest and friendly employees I have ever met.

Every time I see the name "Jimmie" I can only think of the "Seinfeld" episode where the character named Jimmy referred to himself in the third person for the entire episode.

"Jimmy was on fire playing basketball today."

Dr. Evil :)

"Jimmies got a compound fracture"...

that is too funny...I was thinking the exact same thing...

Interesting that the user name of the reviewer is listed as "Jimmie" but the CC search function says there is no such user...

Maybe the review should be yanked. I noticed "Jimmie" mentioned arrogant jerks...I think it's easy to figure out who's arrogant and a jerk. I think the review is fake. The minute he said you pay through the nose for room service, and staff holding out their hands for bigger tips, I knew it couldn't be real.

Fran in Toronto

Okay, so we have an idea for a new thread titled - Springer of the Seas, where we can post the names of all the trolls like Jimmie boy here.

Springer of the Seas.....can I host that? I'll quote Scripture till they throw up...:eek::eek:

...Sitting here wondering which of you two came up with "Springer of the Seas". :D:D

Fran in Toronto

Honestly, I don't take any consideration in the all negative "this ship is crap" reviews. These are people that get annoyed by one little thing and let it spiral out of control and lets it ruin an entire vacation they spent a lot of money on. Now "everything" is wrong and the fault is blamed soley on the cruiseliner. Funny how people on the same cruise come home having a totally wonderful time. 90% is all in a person's perception and whether to shrug it off or blow off steam the entire cruise.

The same is said with 100% perfect vacations. While I know vacations are great, absolute perfection is hard to come by and letting everyone know things that could be improved, even little is also worth reading.

I like reviews that lists pro and cons and a little more info that could help future cruisers. I can tell within the first paragraph whether I will read the entire review or not and his was not one of them. His horrible time will not deter me from going into my cruise ship with a glowing positive attitude, heck I am on vacation!! If it affects others, shame on them:rolleyes:

I was about to say the same thing.

There is no thing as a perfect vaction, although we have come very close.:)

And there is no such thing as the one Jimmie posted. :confused:

When I read reviews I always read them with a grain of salt, both the good ones and the bad one's.

LOL, RCCL should buy an older cruise ship on ebay and call it the Springer of the Seas.

Then you can only sail on that ship if you can not find anything good to report about from your last cruise.

LOL, :eek: imagine trying to find a deck chair on that cruise!!! :D

Springer of the Seas.....can I host that? I'll quote Scripture till they throw up.

...Sitting here wondering which of you two came up with "Springer of the Seas". :D:D

Fran in Toronto

See post #48 :D

:D Too funny!!:D

"Jimmy's kid doesn't like to wait for a coke"

"Jimmy doesn't like tipping"

"Jimmy doesn't like to share a table"

"But Jimmy does likes sea bass"

It's funny, he claims all these RRCL employees are "arrogant jerks" and I am wondering if all those poor harrassed employees are still talking about "Jimmy" thinking the SAME DARN THING

"Jimmy is a HIGH MAINTENANCE JERK" :rolleyes:

Maybe the review should be yanked. I noticed "Jimmie" mentioned arrogant jerks...I think it's easy to figure out who's arrogant and a jerk. I think the review is fake. The minute he said you pay through the nose for room service, and staff holding out their hands for bigger tips, I knew it couldn't be real.

Fran in Toronto

Triple ditto on that, Fran!

I thought it was hilarous that he had to "beg for bread", we have always been served bread over and over until we couldn't eat another piece!

It was good for a laugh!

I agree about the bread, they would give you all you want. I have to tell them to stop because I will fill up to soon.............

I probably wouldn't have read this if it weren't mentioned here.

I read the review, to me it seemed as if it was written by a teenager, because he referred to - a kid doesn't have the patience to wait for a coke - or something like that. If not a teen, then an unexperienced and immature adult.

Not that teenaged opinions aren't important, but they have a different grasp on reality before they have to actually pay for stuff themselves and have little travel experience.

But, we can all learn from the negative as well as the positive.

I've had frustrations on cruises before and learned that you have to walk away from the problem after it is solved....and get on with it.

Poor planning, poor communication, probably yelling at people he wanted help from. I don't wonder why some people have dropped calls.

I have to refuse bread on every cruise. Maybe his assistant waiter didn't like him.

Archived