Tips

vesw01

They ARE NOT automatically added........you have to request them to be added if you want them on your sea pass account.

And if you authorize them to be added to your account, you will receive vouchers to put in the tip envelopes and hand deliver. IMHO it is the best of all possible solutions since you, not the cruiseline, determine how you want to handle the tips.

We find that tipping in cash is the easiest and most appreciated way to go!

How much easier can it be than to have the tips automatically added to your account and not have to carry that much more cash with you? :rolleyes: I haven't noticed any lack of enthusiasm from waiters or room stewards when they received the vouchers. They know that they are getting their money whichever way you pay them.

The vouchers are purchased in set amounts. For exceptional service I add cash to the voucher. Since the vouchers are purchased w/ your SeaPass, I assume that the charge is put on your credit card at the end of the cruise with all of your outer SeaPass charges.

The vouchers are purchased in set amounts. For exceptional service I add cash to the voucher. Since the vouchers are purchased w/ your SeaPass, I assume that the charge is put on your credit card at the end of the cruise with all of your outer SeaPass charges.

You tell them you want them added to your account and then yes they are put on your bill with the rest of your charges. There is a deadline to do this and it was listed in the Compass, for us I believe it was by the third day, but we were on a 5 day so I don't know how this differs for a longer cruise.

Are they automatically added to your Sea Pass card? If so can you go to the pursers desk to have them removed (we prefer to hand deliver)

I asked our stateroom attendant and main dining room waiter how they preferred we pay gratuities. Both said they prefer we add them to our Sea Pass account. I didn't ask them why, but I suspect if we sign the permission slip to have them added to our Sea Pass account, they know they will at least receive the recommended amount, whereas if we elect to tip using the envelopes they might not receive as much.

If you add the gratuities to your Sea Pass account they will give you vouchers to put in the envelopes you will receive in your stateroom the day before you disembark. There will be an envelope for your Stateroom Attendant Team, Stateroom Attendant, Head Waiter, Waiter, and Assistant Waiter. You can slip a few more bucks into the envelopes along with the vouchers, if you feel so inclined.:)

I asked our stateroom attendant and main dining room waiter how they preferred we pay gratuities. Both said they prefer we add them to our Sea Pass account. I didn't ask them why...
It is very simple really. Cash can be stolen, whereas what is on your seapass account goes directly into their onboard account (almost like a bank account) which can then be electronically wired to their home.

Archived