Cruiseline Recommended Shops

Cruizer99

Has anyone experienced problems with cruiseline recommended shops-specifically quality of the merchandise purchased?

The reason I'm asking is that on our last cruise(Jan 13-Spirit) i purchased a ring for my DW from Diamonds International and was told that the appraised value was 1800.00 US. I paid $1000.00 for it.They didn't give me an appraisal form(which I thought was strange) but when your on holidays you somtimes don't think it through. My DW just got it appraised and the appraisal was only for 800.00 Canadian dollars:( . She had filled out the ships "guarantee" and she has to send the receipts to Norwegian.

Has anyone had any success with this program?

Another question is do the shopping hosts on the ships have e-mail addresses?

By the way I puchased another ring from Omni Jewellers(same cruise) and the ring cost $430 US and she had the appraisal done on that one was appraised at $800 Canadian.

I know things are worth what you pay for them but when you pay for something you are not getting it stinks.

NCL is paid by the advertisers. You will need to handle everything with diamonds International. If there is anything on your receipt that can trace your purcahse back for the value of the diamond, you might have a leg to stand on. Go to their site on line also.

NCL's reputation is also on the line when these problems occur.

If NCL gave a rat's a** about their precious reputation, they wouldn't have such lousy customer service. :eek: But good luck anyway. You might get lucky and find someone actually willing to help.

If NCL gave a rat's a** about their precious reputation' date=' they wouldn't have such lousy customer service. :eek: But good luck anyway. You might get lucky and find someone actually willing to help.[/quote']

then why cruise them every year and twice this year? just curious.

I paid $2000 for a ring (not on NCL's recommended shops) and it appraised at $5000 here in the states. I bought it in Aruba.

You may have some recourse if you used a credit card.

The way I look at it is, if you like the ring and you don't mind paying $1,000 then keep it and enjoy it. You may not want the hassle of going another route, but I certainly understand how you feel.

Good luck.

Thanks to everyone that responded.:D I've sent an e-mail to Di along with all the documentation and also a copy to Norwegian Cruise Lines (Mary Santana) who seems to want to help.:rolleyes:

please post the outcome so others can see there is good customer service

• 2 months later...
Has anyone experienced problems with cruiseline recommended shops-specifically quality of the merchandise purchased?

The reason I'm asking is that on our last cruise(Jan 13-Spirit) i purchased a ring for my DW from Diamonds International and was told that the appraised value was 1800.00 US. I paid $1000.00 for it.They didn't give me an appraisal form(which I thought was strange) but when your on holidays you somtimes don't think it through. My DW just got it appraised and the appraisal was only for 800.00 Canadian dollars:( . She had filled out the ships "guarantee" and she has to send the receipts to Norwegian.

Has anyone had any success with this program?

Another question is do the shopping hosts on the ships have e-mail addresses?

By the way I puchased another ring from Omni Jewellers(same cruise) and the ring cost $430 US and she had the appraisal done on that one was appraised at $800 Canadian.

I know things are worth what you pay for them but when you pay for something you are not getting it stinks.

After working with Di for two months I just received a store credit from them for $995. I can use it at any Di store within the next 3 years. The customer service was obviously helpful as well as the Norwegian Cruise Lines rep.

Archived