Hair Braiding Ocho Rios or Grand Cayman?

bzymama

I have 3 daughters that I know are going to want their hair braided on this trip. We have pretty long excursions planned for both Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman so I don't know if we're going to have time for this. Has anyone had this done either place that would know the details?

Like how long does it take for shoulder length hair?

About how much does it cost?

How do you find someone trustworthy to do it?

Thanks for any advice!:)

we were in cayman last winter for a week and to be honest I dont remember seeing a single person doing braiding. maybe they are around but not like some of the islands where you are approached everywhere. maybe someone saw something i did not. good luck, have fun:)

You won't find vendors and hair braiding people out on the beaches in Cayman. There may be some at one of the hotels along Seven Mile Beach (actual hotel staff, not independent vendors) or you could try a hair salon in Georgetown if that's your only stop where you have time to get braiding done.

Your best bet is probably Ocho Rios, or even one of the other islands on your itinerary. If your ship stops at one of the cruiseline private islands, they usually have people doing braiding there, or at least they have on the ones I've been on...maybe that would be a better option?

Get it done in Ocho Rios. I've never seen hair braiding in Grand Cayman, and if you did happen upon someone it will cost a fortune there.

Almost everything is more expensive in Grand Cayman. Its not the usual Caribbean island. Its a very wealthy island with high end shopping and world banking. Go to the beach or snorkel, and save the hair braiding and shopping for some place else.

Hi, I didn't have it done myself, but I overheard one of the passengers that had it done in ocho rios in an elevator back on the ship, and she said they charged her $60.00 for 1/2 head. I don't remember seeing anyone in Cayman, it would just be my guess that if you were to find it there it would be at Margaritaville???... (there was alot going on there) ...but just as you get off the tender in Cozumel, there is a vender there with a sign that said hairbraiding $10.00. I didn't stop to ask info so that's all I know. Are you going to Cozumel?

Thanks Abeedoodle,

No not going to Cozumel, but after reading others' posts about it, I wish I was. Just Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios. We're using a private tour guide in Ocho Rios (marva shaw) to take us to Dunn's River and a horseback swim thing. I'll probably just ask her to direct us to a hair braiding place if we have time, and we will bring our own combs as other poster suggested!

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!:)

Archived