Century Royal Suites

Gatsky

We will be sailing on Century on March 29 and have booked a Royal Suite. If anyone would like to comment on the size and quality of the suites and the balconies it would be greatly appreciated. We booked it more for the size than the service, but since we do have the suite we plan on dining in some evenings. Any comments on that experience would also be welcomed.

Hi Gatsky,

I can't comment on your RS, however you may want to come to the Roll Call board for the April 2nd Century sailing. A couple of us are on a B2B, March 29... continuing with the April 2nd sailing. Perhaps you should stay for the second sailing. In any case...please feel free to join our roll call.

Cheers,

Tammy

We will be sailing on Century on March 29 and have booked a Royal Suite. If anyone would like to comment on the size and quality of the suites and the balconies it would be greatly appreciated. We booked it more for the size than the service, but since we do have the suite we plan on dining in some evenings. Any comments on that experience would also be welcomed.

My daughter and I occupied this suite on Century a few years back.... if they have not changed it any way I still have photos in my computer archives taken inside and of the balcony which I could email to you..sorry don't know how to put on here.You need to send me your email though.

We never dined in but there was dining table, separate bedroom and dressing room , bathroom , whirlpool bath and separate shower etc etc

Yvonne

My daughter and I occupied this suite on Century a few years back.... if they have not changed it any way I still have photos in my computer archives taken inside and of the balcony which I could email to you..sorry don't know how to put on here.You need to send me your email though.

We never dined in but there was dining table, separate bedroom and dressing room , bathroom , whirlpool bath and separate shower etc etc

Yvonne

My parents have recently booked a royal suite and I would also like to see the pictures!! Thanks!

My parents have recently booked a royal suite and I would also like to see the pictures!! Thanks!

Would be very delighted to let you see them but don't know how to put on the site here????. sorry! I can email them as I have them stored on my computer .. but to do that you need to give me some email address to send them to.

Yvonne

Would be very delighted to let you see them but don't know how to put on the site here????. sorry! I can email them as I have them stored on my computer .. but to do that you need to give me some email address to send them to.

Yvonne

I'm getting the dreaded white screen a lot after responding so am testing this out again to see if my response gets logged this time!

Yvonne

Thanks for the offer of the photos. I'd appreciate it if you could email them.

ethel1519@comcast.net

It seems no one really addressed the OP's question, so we will try.

We have had two Royal Suites on Century before it went in for a 50 million dollar plus remodeling. Don't know if they modified the Royal Suites during the prolonged dry dock, but we think that you will be very pleased.

First you have a separate bedroom which can be completely closed off from the living room and dining room. The bedroom has its own separate access to the veranda. The bathroom is quite large with two sinks, a whirlpool tub and a separate shower. The toilet is in its own room with a privacy door. The only problem is the bathroom can only be accessed via the bedroom.

In the bedroom is a very large walk room closet with its own door, and at the end of the closet is a lighted vanity for madame.

The other half of the suite consists of a living room and a dining area with a table and four chairs. We found our suite to be very elegantly furnished, with a lot of wood wood panels and glass. You will have a bar with a refrigerator [small]. If you wish, you can ask your butler to remove every thing from the refrigerator because they are pay items - we do that, because we purchase bon voyage liquor packages for our suite.

The veranda is large enough for two chairs, a small round table, foot stools and two loungers. [if the loungers are not there, ask your butler for them.] Since your Royal Suite is on deck 10, during the day, you will hear some noise from Deck 11 which is the pool deck from people running, stomping or moving deck chairs. At night it is very very quiet. [Century fortunately only have 8 Royal Suites, unlike Mercury and Galaxy which have 10 Royal Suites, and each has 1054 (?) which we had on Mercury which is directly under the hamburger hotdog stand, and they cleaned and re provisioned that area during the dead of night, and it sounded like they were rolling bowling balls over the deck :D.]

You will definitely enjoy all of the suite. Now, for the really best part!

You will meet your butler, and the butlers in this area are the most experienced on the vessel. You might even be lucky enough to have the head butler as your butler. [We did on our second Century cruise with the legendary Lawrence.] Don't be shy, but be friendly, get to know him and about him, where he is from, and ask about his family. Then, chat with him about how he can make your cruise experience memorable. Just a few hints, before the first formal night he will shine your shoes, have your suit and madame's gown pressed, if you need to deliver something to Guest Relations, he will do it, need a reservation, he will do it, need to refill your bon voyage liquor package, he will do it. If you wish to order breakfast before retiring, the order card in your room is a suite order card, and if you want eggs Benedict even though it is not on the card write it down, and you will get it.

He will call you first and let you know that he is coming with your breakfast, and will upon arrival set up you dining table just like it would be in the main restaurant. As for dinner, en suite, you can order your dinner during main restaurant hours right of of the restaurant dining menu for that night, and get the very same treatment. [but, please give him some advance notice.]

We have had six Royal Suites on Celebrity in the last three years, and each has been a remarkable experience. Six different butlers, and all from very good to outstanding, and we now keep running into them, and there are hugs and smiles all around, and inquiries about families, etc. Is it worth it, you bet it is. When it comes tip time, remember that these are professionals who are there to pamper you. We have never had a butler tell us "no".

It seems no one really addressed the OP's question, so we will try.

We have had two Royal Suites on Century before it went in for a 50 million dollar plus remodeling. Don't know if they modified the Royal Suites during the prolonged dry dock, but we think that you will be very pleased.

First you have a separate bedroom which can be completely closed off from the living room and dining room. The bedroom has its own separate access to the veranda. The bathroom is quite large with two sinks, a whirlpool tub and a separate shower. The toilet is in its own room with a privacy door. The only problem is the bathroom can only be accessed via the bedroom.

In the bedroom is a very large walk room closet with its own door, and at the end of the closet is a lighted vanity for madame.

The other half of the suite consists of a living room and a dining area with a table and four chairs. We found our suite to be very elegantly furnished, with a lot of wood wood panels and glass. You will have a bar with a refrigerator [small]. If you wish, you can ask your butler to remove every thing from the refrigerator because they are pay items - we do that, because we purchase bon voyage liquor packages for our suite.

The veranda is large enough for two chairs, a small round table, foot stools and two loungers. [if the loungers are not there, ask your butler for them.] Since your Royal Suite is on deck 10, during the day, you will hear some noise from Deck 11 which is the pool deck from people running, stomping or moving deck chairs. At night it is very very quiet. [Century fortunately only have 8 Royal Suites, unlike Mercury and Galaxy which have 10 Royal Suites, and each has 1054 (?) which we had on Mercury which is directly under the hamburger hotdog stand, and they cleaned and re provisioned that area during the dead of night, and it sounded like they were rolling bowling balls over the deck :D.]

You will meet your butler, and the butlers in this area are the most experienced on the vessel. You might even be lucky enough to have the head butler as your butler. [We did on our second Century cruise with the legendary Lawrence.] Don't be shy, but be friendly, get to know him and about him, where he is from, and ask about his family. Then, chat with him about how he can make your cruise experience memorable. Just a few hints, before the first formal night he will shine your shoes, have your suit and madame's gown pressed, if you need to deliver something to Guest Relations, he will do it, need a reservation, he will do it, need to refill your bon voyage liquor package, he will do it. If you wish to order breakfast before retiring, the order card in your room is a suite order card, and if you want eggs Benedict even though it is not on the card write it down, and you will get it.

He will call you first and let you know that he is coming with your breakfast, and will upon arrival set up you dining table just like it would be in the main restaurant. As for dinner, en suite, you can order your dinner during main restaurant hours right of of the restaurant dining menu for that night, and get the very same treatment. [but, please give him some advance notice.]

We have had six Royal Suites on Celebrity in the last three years, and each has been a remarkable experience. Six different butlers, and all from very good to outstanding, and we now keep running into them, and there are hugs and smiles all around, and inquiries about families, etc. Is it worth it, you bet it is. When it comes tip time, remember that these are professionals who are there to pamper you. We have never had a butler tell us "no".

Charlie,

Thanks so much for your reply. All of the details you provided are wonderful to know. Can't wait for the Royal Suite experience! Thanks again.

You will meet your butler, and the butlers in this area are the most experienced on the vessel. You might even be lucky enough to have the head butler as your butler. [We did on our second Century cruise with the legendary Lawrence.]

Lawrence..........is now an assistant head housekeeper.......but remembers everyone that he has taken care of over the past 14 years of his experience.

He was our butler many years ago.........and we ran into him again on the Mercury this past December......and it was old homeweek one evening in our suite.........with the head butler..Mark.......that was our butler.....Lawrence, who was the head of floor 9 and the assistant head housekeeper of our floor....10......... fun reminiscing the stories of years gone by.

Rick

You will meet your butler, and the butlers in this area are the most experienced on the vessel. You might even be lucky enough to have the head butler as your butler. [We did on our second Century cruise with the legendary Lawrence.]

Lawrence..........is now an assistant head housekeeper.......but remembers everyone that he has taken care of over the past 14 years of his experience.

He was our butler many years ago.........and we ran into him again on the Mercury this past December......and it was old homeweek one evening in our suite.........with the head butler..Mark.......that was our butler.....Lawrence, who was the head of floor 9 and the assistant head housekeeper of our floor....10......... fun reminiscing the stories of years gone by.

Rick

That is correct, and some of the pictures posted above are of the verandas on M-class vessels like Infinity. The verandas on C-class vessels is less than one half of the size, and do not have a hot tub.

The picture above with the balcony is of the Penthouse Suite on Century. The balconies on Century have been extended. If you look carefully you can even see the new part of the decking.

The picture above with the balcony is of the Penthouse Suite on Century. The balconies on Century have been extended. If you look carefully you can even see the new part of the decking.

Hey Joanie:), thanks for that picture link. Those extensions to the balconies make a BIG difference in my opinion. Those Royal Suite balconies are now of the order of 260 sq ft and much more usable, not being so long and narrow.

Charlie gave a great description. If I could add one thing and something I particularly like about those Royal Suites is that they have very large floor to ceiling glass in the living room and this gives them a great view outside.

Phil

Archived