As promised, photos from the Liberty - Western

Patdmoose

I enjoyed your photos. We are going on that same itinerary in 42 days on the Liberty. We are booked with Charlie Soto also (but not the zip lining). NOw I know what he looks like. Glad you had a good time. :)

CaribbeanBride2007

It was very overcast and very very windy in Costa Maya. Plus, it rained for about an hour at noontime. But, the temp was comfortable for swimsuits. We took the snorkle tour, but if it is that windy, I would advise you to cancel that. Even though we were inside the barrier reef, the water was still very choppy.

Thank you very much. I will be on the ship in less than 2 weeks. I enjoyed your pictures very much.

Did you do the Panama Canal tour with Carnival? That is the tour that we booked. We also booked the same Charlie Soto tour that you did. Did you take a taxi to Tequila Beach? If so how much should I expect to pay for a party of four.

I e-mailed your pictures to my DH and friends to get them excited about our cruise.

Your pictures were just what I was looking for.

Thanks again

ML

Mary Louise

yes, we did the ship's Canal Panama tour. I usually will not do a ship's tour, but in this case it was a good decision. We arrived back at the cruise port at about 4:10. The ship was supposed to sail at 4:00. Of course, the ship waited on us, because we had booked thru CCL.

When you arive at Costa Maya pier, go past all the shops till you get to the street. You can buy a shuttle ticket for $3.00 each from a young lady at a window that you will have to pass to get to the busses that are parked on the street. Be sure to tell the driver if you are going to Tequila Beach. It is the first stop in Majaral, and we rode all the way to the end and then asked if we would mind taking us back to Tequila Beach as he left. It was not a problem.

Charlie's tour is great! be sure to let him or Carlos know what exactly interests you most, as there is not enough time to do evertyhing he offers. If you go into this tour with that knowledge, you will enjoy it so much more. We wish we had saved some time for shopping, and cut out something else. But, it was still a great tour!

I try to take photos of the ship, the countryside and the things that we see. It seems that most people's photos are of the kids in front of this and then the kids in front of that...

Check out my review for a more detailed report on all of the tours we took.

Hi Patdmoose,

We are sailing the Liberty to the Canal for the first time in Sept. 07. Would you please post some of the excursions you did, things to and not to do, what you would do differently and anything else that would be helpful to us. Your pictures were awesome. I would especially like information on the Panama Canal Ferry. Was this a Carnival-based tour or independent and if independent, who did you book with, please.

Thanks, and would really appreciate hearing from you.

Kim

Hi Patdmoose,

We usually don't do cruise line tours as well, but decided to do the Panama Canal tour as well. We certainly are excited. Thanks for letting me know about how to get the shuttle to the Costa Maya beaches. I think with Charlie Soto I hope to just buy coffee.

Thanks again

ML

Great pics Pat!! We go on Liberty next Sunday:D We were thinking of ziplining one day, quick question. Was that a wriststrap holding the camcorder on the wrist that we saw? I know it's possible to use the camcorder without flipping out the little screen, is that what was done? It would be so cool to have video of what you see while ya do it. :eek: Or, would they not let you use it, and that was the only way to hang on to it, no pun intended:p ?

Great photos - thanks for sharing. This give me a glimpse of the ship for our next cruise!!

The zip line excursion looks like a lot of fun. I just worry that I will be the one person for which the line decides to break and there I go to the bottom of the forest floor!! :)

Samdel

Hit the link to my review, at the top of this thread, I think you will find all of your answers there. Yes, the ferry is a CCL tour.

bubbles1209

I did strap my camcorder on my wrist. I got some pretty amazing video. It is very difficult to aim the camera when it is positioned there, so you just have to hit record and go with it. The ladies in my group accused me of just filming their backsides when we were on the platforms. I really thought I was aiming higher, but I could not look thru the viewfinder with it lashed on my wrist, and with all the gear. I did put a secondary restraint on the camera. I took an old eyeglass cord and loooped it thru the camera and then around my wrist. I did not want my camera going to the jungle floor!

Suede

we took a cab. It is only $2 each to return to the pier, instaed of the $3 each to get there. go figure...

emmysmommy

There are two very thick cables that your gear is hooked to and you are connected three different ways to those cables. I am 6'2" and 230 lbs. and had no problems!

SDN

No time for shopping. We got back to the ship 10 minutes after she was supposed to sail.

Archived