recent boarding time Miami??

39august

Our documents have shown 2 PM as time to arrive at pier for the last several cruises we have taken, but we continue to arrive around 11 AM and have been on board usually by shortly after 12 PM. My documents arrived today and included a bright orange card that states boarding will begin at 2 PM and not to arrive at the pier until 1 PM. Have recent cruisers been boarding around noon as in the past? And is there still a Diamond waiting lounge?

On Freedom 14/1/07 to 21/1/07. We arrived (by RCI bus) at about 11.20. Got through all the bits and pieces and stood in line at 11.40. Boarding was announced at 1200, we were on by 1230. Getting off we were late. Should have left about 1030, but didn't actually disembark until 1115 and there was no one in the booking in hall, so presumably everyone was being 'held' as the was a delay disembarking. Guess it just depends.

As far as I know there is a Diamond lounge (lots of people were whisked off somewhere!)

Simon (a lowlly Gold member!)

We sailed Voyager out of Miami on 1/20. Received the same notification about boarding after 2:00, but had no problem boarding at 11:30. there were a lot of pax boarding early! Our first cruise, so I can't answer the Diamond part of the question:)

Dave

They put the notice in there so that if there is a delay, passengers will NOT become upset because they can't get on immediately when they get there. Also, it will discourage some people from arriving early and mean that the terminal doesn't get crowded if there are delays. Personally if there are delays I still want to be the first person in line to board the ship. Telling people to get there after 2pm, just means the crowds will be bigger later in the day. Yuck!

If it is a huge line up on arrival at the jetty is it possible to hand over the bags to RCCL and go for a walk untill the line is shorter???

Or do you have to carry around on your cases untill you actually board the vessel`???

We stayed overnight at The Biscayne Bay Marriott (RCI package). We left our bags with an RCI guy outside the hotel where it was to be picked up by a truck. Didn't see the bags again until they arrived at our cabin. Don't know what happens for passengers arriving 'under their own steam'.

Simon

We stayed overnight at The Biscayne Bay Marriott (RCI package). We left our bags with an RCI guy outside the hotel where it was to be picked up by a truck. Didn't see the bags again until they arrived at our cabin. Don't know what happens for passengers arriving 'under their own steam'.

Simon

Our hotel is not booked via rccl..We need to deliver the bags on the sea side....

If it is a huge line up on arrival at the jetty is it possible to hand over the bags to RCCL and go for a walk untill the line is shorter???

Or do you have to carry around on your cases untill you actually board the vessel`???

There are porters who will take any and all luggage as soon as you arrive. Just be sure not to give them anything that you can't do without for a while... SetSail Pass, passports, etc.... because you won't see your bags again until they're delivered to your stateroom later in the day.

I was on the Freedom during that infamous 01/07/07 trip, and let me just tell you we didn't get onboard until 2pm thanks to the bomb scare and the man hidden in the truck. Those were NOT fun times.

While there will always be an occasional exception for the most part people should have no problem being onboard before noon.

Archived