Kennedy Space Centre by Taxi ???

scottish

We're from the UK and will be BTB on the Mariner. Looking at doing Kennedy Space Centre on our own on the turnaround day. I know we can pick up a taxi ok from the ship to the centre but how easy is it to get a taxi back.

There are 4 of us and we are not keen to hire a car.

Would appreciate any help.:D

Scottish - The space center is about 15-20 mins from the port. There are plenty of taxis at the port and it shouldnt be hard to arrange transport back. There are several taxi companies in that area (Port canaveral, Cocoa Beach, Merritt Island) that woulld come pick you up.

I can get you some telephone #s if you like. See you on the 11th!

WNcruiser - one two phone #s would be great. Not knowing how long we might be at KSC, we thought it might be difficult to predict the time for a return journey pick up. Being able to contact a reliable local cab firm would be a comfort.

One of the reasons, we dont want to hire a car, is that we believe there are no car rental agencies near to the ship. Correct me please if we are wrong.

All going well, we will get out of you new boarders' way on the 11th, leaving you a little extra room to settle in. Not long now!! The Mariner is a wonderful ship. We are so looking forward to going back.:) :)

WNcruiser - one two phone #s would be great. Not knowing how long we might be at KSC, we thought it might be difficult to predict the time for a return journey pick up. Being able to contact a reliable local cab firm would be a comfort.

One of the reasons, we dont want to hire a car, is that we believe there are no car rental agencies near to the ship. Correct me please if we are wrong.

All going well, we will get out of you new boarders' way on the 11th, leaving you a little extra room to settle in. Not long now!! The Mariner is a wonderful ship. We are so looking forward to going back.:) :)

We did KSC the day we disembarked and had absolutely no trouble with return transportation to our hotel.

We took a cab (it was actually a shuttle type cab because we had 8 in our group), explained we would need return transportation towards the end of the day, and the driver gave us his business card with his cell # on it. A few minutes before we were ready to leave, we called him to let him know we were ready to be picked up. He was on another run which was pretty far out of the way of KSC, so he called another one of his company's drivers who showed up momentarily to get us.

It all was very simple and hassle free.

And we had a great day at KSC - it was a fabulous experience - our only complaint was that we didn't arrange to stay a second day.

Oh, BTW, I would highly encourage you to sign up your party for "Lunch with an Astronaut." It runs about $20 each (less for younger kids) and has a small, but very nice buffet-style lunch, and also offers items a kid would like. The astronaut scheduled for your visit day will give a presentation about his/her experiences with space travel and opens it up for questions at the end. Then there's a photograph opportunity afterwards.

Our astronaut was Bill Pogue, and he gave an amazing presentation that my teenaged niece and nephews loved. They even asked him questions during the question part, and we did the photo opportunity afterwards. As it turns out, Colonel Pogue has also written a book, so we bought a copy and got him to autograph it at a book signing scheduled for later on that afternoon in the gift shop.

The astronauts scheduled for the lunch rotate on a schedule that's usually posted on the KSC website. The experience was one of the highlights of our vacation, and definitely a "don't miss!"

Have a great trip!

Archived