Aft Balcony On Legend

ortrud

Once On The Costa Magica We Had An Aft Balcony. We Could Not Use It On Most Days Because Of All Thst Soot From The Chimney. Then I Heard Everyone Raving About The Aft Balcony So I Thought It Was Just A Fluke With Costa And I Booked Cabin7128 Commodore Deck On The Legend For A Transatlantic, Tampa To Barcelona.

Yesterday One Poster Wrote That The Aft Cabins On The Legend Have The Same Soot Problems.

Please Anyone Tell Me It Isn't So!

16 Days With A Balcony Full Of Soot, I Am Ready To Cry.

Ortrud

We had an Aft Balcony on the Legend in November Deck 6 and never had a problem with any soot.

We used the Balcony everyday and had breakfast and coffee out there every morning.

We may have had a speck or two of dirt but that was more from the rain that we ran into and it washed down the sides.

Many people rant and rave about the AFT's but we have had 2 others and never had experienced problems. That is why we have 3 booked.

If we had run into a problem like soot we would not have booked anymore.

Enjoy your cruise and dont worry you will LOVE IT

• 2 months later...

Hi, I was looking at your Legend of the Seas photos. We booked cabin 7128. It's one floor up from the cabin you had. From your pictures, it doesn't look like the ship 'infrastructure' is an issue at all with these cabins. I've read a few posts stating how 'horrible' this was and you had to look way out in the distance to see the ocean.. etc etc. I'm thinking these are non-issues but just wanted to be sure.

thanks!

Latvish,

Thank you for posting your photographs of the Legend of the Seas. We're off next Saturday for the Tampa to Barcelona adventure and we also have an aft cabin (JS 8080) so your photographs helped give perspective of the aft balcony and around and about the ship.

Ortrud, positive thoughts, please! :) For as many sooty reviews, there have been an equal number of soot-free reports, so here's hoping we fall into the latter category.

Our adventure is nearly upon us. Must pre-pack!

Hi All,

Thank You Viking Lad, You Will Be On Top Of Us We Have Cabin 7128 As The Previous Poster And I Will Think Positive, Soot! What Is That?

Hope We Can Wave To Each Other.

Time To Get Packing, Only Six More Days, See You Soon.

I had aft cabin 8084 on Legend of the Seas last week. The first part of the week was completely sootless, but there was some soot on the balcony on two mornings later in the week. There was never any soot falling during the day, it seemed to appear overnight. However, the soot did not hamper my use of the space; Fitzhugh (a top-notch stateroom attendant, by the way), did a fantastic job of promptly scrubbing everything down when I was away from the cabin for breakfast since he knew that I spent many hours each day on the balcony. You may see some soot, but I don't think it will ruin your holiday. Enjoy your voyage!:)

Patriotic Girl,

Tell us more about Fitzhugh? What made him such a great cabin attendant? I love to hear details about memorable staff which seems to be the overwhelming majority on RCCL. Since we have JS 8080, I'll be he'll be our attendant as well.

Ortrud,

I look forward to morning waves to you. We will just be up one deck and to your right if you're looking aft!

Can it be? It's almost here!

We sailed in 7132 ( just one or two away) two years ago and loved it. We read about the soot so we simply wiped the chairs down before sitting, just in case. Sometimes the towel was perfectly clean – and other times there was a small bit of soot.

We’ve found that many balcony chairs (not just aft) get some dirt or salt anyway. We always wipe them down before sitting.

Enjoy the cabin and wonderful balcony!

M

From your pictures, it doesn't look like the ship 'infrastructure' is an issue at all with these cabins. I've read a few posts stating how 'horrible' this was and you had to look way out in the distance to see the ocean.. etc etc. I'm thinking these are non-issues but just wanted to be sure.
The issues you refer to are on Voyager and Freedom class ships only. So you are correct that on Legend (a Vision class ship) this is not an issue.

Viking Lad, I am not sure that Fitzhugh had cabin 8080; I think another attendant may have had the two port side aft cabins. You may have the guy who always made me laugh when I walked up the hallway with his comments about his missing teddy bear! He asked me early in the cruise if I'd seen him and then continued to ask about him the rest of the week! He was always smiling and cheerful.

If you do have Fitzhugh, you will definitely notice his energy and enthusiasm. He was friendly, polite, and worked quite hard. I was extremely impressed with his work ethic and just shook my head several times and smiled when he insisted on giving Henry a workout even though there was no need to vacuum the cabin.

On the first morning that I awoke very early and found soot on my balcony, I was antsy for something to do since the ship was still asleep. I cleaned some of the soot off of the chairs with a towel and washed down the deck with the little water that I could get in the extra plastic bucket that came with my room service order. Fitzhugh about had a fit when he found out that I had attempted to clean it myself. He then spent a good deal of time washing everything with soapy water and a broom until the balcony was spotless. If you run into him, be sure to tell him that I said hello!:)

Archived