Grand Cabana??

sparkly

Has anyone heard/read anything about a Grand Over Water Cabana on HMC renting for $1200? I saw this on another board, but could find nothing on HAL site about it. I did notice that cabanas are $249 now. Glad I booked the baby blue a looonngg time ago for the $219.

Yes...looks like it's new. It is posted under shore excursions on the HAL website. It sounds divine. $1195 for up to 12 people.....has a slide right into the water...a hot tub...indoor and outdoor showers...

I wonder where on HMC it is ?

Hope they had the good sense to locate it somewhat away from the hoardes trying to trek to the bathroom and the BBQ! It sounds like tons of fun for the many extended families that cruise.

In the excursions stuff we got onboard Westerdam, they seemed to infer it was over water. Was unsure whether this meant floating or protruding over water.

It's not on the cabana map they gave us:

http://schplinky.smugmug.com/gallery/2418958#127096546-L-LB

Private Oasis at Half Moon Cay - Palm Package

DURATION: Varies - The base rate is applicable for up to 12 guests. Only one guest need purchase the reservation for up to 12 guests.

PRICE: $1195 per person

The Private Oasis perches on a point, partially over water, so you can enjoy your private gathering in a luxurious setting, highlighted by both a fun water slide and easy walkway into the warm turquoise waters. The Private Oasis offers a total of 1,620 square feet and includes a large covered deck and comfortable sun deck with eight-person hot tub. Features include an indoor teak dining table seating six people, outdoor teak lounges and bar stools accommodating 12, barbecue area, full wet bar and refrigerator, massage table, iPod music system, multi-colored Bahamian tapestries, men's and women's changing rooms, indoor and outdoor showers with heated fresh water, 100-foot walkway with misting stations and privacy gate.

Your Palm Package menu throughout the day will include:

-Fresh Fruit, Danish, Chips & Salsa from 1000-1400

-Beverage Package with Soft Drinks, Bottled Water, Juices, Domestic and Imported Beers, House Pouring Wine by the Glass (Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, White Zinfandel, Pinot Grigio, Merlot, Sparkling Wine), Island Cocktails (Cuban Mojito, Beach Cruiser, Rum Runner), Frozen Tropical Classics (Pina Colada, Strawberry Daiquiri, BBC, Banana Colada, Cappuccino Colada, Margarita), Mocktails (Cool as a Cucumber, Pina not a Colada, Margarita Breeze, Tropical Delight) from 1000-1500

-BBQ lunch buffet with Pasta Salad, Fruit Salad, Grilled Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Fresh Island Fish and BBQ Chicken, Brownies & Cookies from 1130-1300

NOTES:

The base rate is applicable for up to 12 guests. Only one guest need purchase the reservation for up to 12 guests. For groups with more than 12 guests, an Extra Person Surcharge for the Private Oasis at Half Moon Cay must be purchased for each additional person from 13-25 guests.

Sounds lovely. Is it open yet? Does anyone have pictures to share?

I have studied the HMC map several times. And we have been there quite a few times over the last couple of years. If you look closely at the map there is a Saloon right near the children's water park. All the times we have been there the last couple of years it was never open. About a year ago we noticed that a slide had been added there which would take you dirrectly into the water near the children's area. And the platform does extend over the water. And it is large enough to hold a hot tub.

SO -- I am wondering if this is where the new Grand Cabana will be? It isn't near the BBQ. I also noticed that in the write up that lobster sandwiches which others have mentioned for the Butler Cabanas are not listed on the menu.

So -- are you all rushing to book this special cabana?? At $1200 per person, my theory is --- forget it and book another cruise.

So -- are you all rushing to book this special cabana?? At $1200 per person, my theory is --- forget it and book another cruise.

Yikes! No way.

Add it to the list of things I would do if I won the Mega Millions.

Or if I travel with a group of friends who each want to pitch in $100, but that seems less likely than winning the Mega Millions.

Maybe for the next group cruise?

Thanks for doing the research for me! I am off from work today for the 2nd snow day! It is brutal here in Michigan, we are accustomed to rotten weather but this is somethin' else! There are many reasons one should consider the education field. Snow daysandsummersoff are right up there;) .Right about now the $1200 for a cabana over the waters of HMC would be money well spent...just get me there. I probably will change my tune in April when we will be there slumming in the sky blue cabana. BTW the costs for the regular cabanas have gone up to $249 from the $219 I prepaid eons ago.

Interesting theory on location....I think you are absolutely correct.

I would not hesitate to pay the $1200 for the use of the cabana for the day....however in that location I am not sure that there is enough privacy to want to do that.

If you had a large group to use it then absolutely but for just 2 people (as we are most of the time) I would be a bit embarrassed having all that to ourselves....especially in light of the cost. I tend to not care about price and go with the experience but to have only 2 of us there and have others know what we are paying for it would make me feel a bit over the top I am afraid.

I agree with KK as to the probable location. My question is "where's the beach?" Looking at the map and layout, 'a short walk' as specified in the HAL write-up would be to the first bit of beach closest to the dock area and it might be pretty crowded.

Though it seems like a fun thing to do if you are traveling with extended family and friends so that the cost could be shared. I'd love to see pictures.

I have studied the HMC map several times. And we have been there quite a few times over the last couple of years. If you look closely at the map there is a Saloon right near the children's water park. All the times we have been there the last couple of years it was never open. About a year ago we noticed that a slide had been added there which would take you directly into the water near the children's area. And the platform does extend over the water. And it is large enough to hold a hot tub.

SO -- I am wondering if this is where the new Grand Cabana will be? It isn't near the BBQ. I also noticed that in the write up that lobster sandwiches which others have mentioned for the Butler Cabanas are not listed on the menu.

Krazy Kruizer, you must be correct as this is the only place where you could overhang the water. All the rest of the cabanas are set back for the shore. Regardless of the price I do not think I would book it as you would be sandwiched between the children's water area and the boat channel with its constant traffic. As its so near the children's area I would have thought it would have been ideal as a Club HAL center. With suitable safety features of course.

However I suppose they had to earn money from it somehow as it was not open as a bar when I was there.

I have studied the HMC map several times. And we have been there quite a few times over the last couple of years. If you look closely at the map there is a Saloon right near the children's water park. All the times we have been there the last couple of years it was never open. About a year ago we noticed that a slide had been added there which would take you dirrectly into the water near the children's area. And the platform does extend over the water. And it is large enough to hold a hot tub.

Krazy Kruizer, you must be correct as this is the only place where you could overhang the water. All the rest of the cabanas are set back for the shore. Regardless of the price I do not think I would book it as you would be sandwiched between the childrens water area and the boat channel with its constant traffic. As its so near the childrens area I would have thought it would have been ideal as a Club HAL centre. With suitable safety features of course.

However I suppose they had to earn money from it somehow as it was not open as a bar when I was there.

Krazy Kruizer, you must be correct as this is the only place where you could overhang the water. All the rest of the cabanas are set back for the shore. Regardless of the price I do not think I would book it as you would be sandwiched between the childrens water area and the boat channel with its constant traffic. As its so near the childrens area I would have thought it would have been ideal as a Club HAL centre. With suitable safety features of course.

Archived