Crown Princess - October 27th. 2007 - Anyone else going?

Cruise Gopher

If you guys are flexible you may want to check out Emerald Princess for the same date (27 Oct 07). There will be lots of "family" onboard. I am not allowed to say why' date=' but as it stands there will be 500+ onboard. ;)[/quote']

We were booked on the Emerald cruise (booked way before the large group did) and canceled because of this very reason. We do not want the ship taken over by a large group. We want to make sure we are able to use ALL areas and amenities of the ship without being turned away because the group has exclusive access to the areas.

My boyfriend and I will be going as well. Our first Princess cruise...HOORAY! :D

Hey Jstewart, glad you will be on board. E-mail me at SkierRobumn at aol.com and we can chat further off the boards if you want. It would be fun to meet up and have dinner or drinks. You will love Princess! It is our favorite cruiseline.

Hi Rob:

We are from Albany, NY and have been on Royal Carribean's Mariner and Sovereign of the Seas. We also took Norwegian's Majesty to Bermuda last year. We are really looking forward to trying Princess as I get a sense that this will be a more relaxing type of cruiseline which is what we want.

How about you two?

Rich

We're from Minneapolis, MN...As far away from the Ocean as you can be. :(

We have done Carnival and Princess to the Western Caribbean and then the two week cruise to Hawaii on the Radiance of the Seas.

We just got back from a 4 day trip to Vegas and I am going back to Vegas with my family next month.

Look forward to chatting more before the cruise.

Are you guys doing Anytime dining? I highly reccomend it, it is so nice!

We sure are doing Anytime dining. That is one of the reasons that we are giving Princess a try. We really enjoyed Royal Carribbean's ships, but did not like the dining room option. Luckily we were able to secure a table for two both times but I like not having to worry about it. We are pretty low-key and enjoy spending time with each other, and we liked the freestlye of NCL but decided to try out Princess this time.

Wow you were lucky to get tables for two on Royal Caribbean. I love being able to sit by ourselves and go when we want.

How old are you guys? I just turned 25 and my bf is turning 37 this year. We like to snorkel and browse the local markets in ports. He wants us to try scuba diving this time. I hear the waters in Bonaire are perfect for diving, so maybe we will give that a try.

What kind of cabin did you book? We got a great mini suite cabin on the Emerald deck. The covered balcony is a must have and the Dolphin deck mini suites are totally uncovered and open for everyone to look down on you from above.

Hey back on the board. Been soooo darn busy with work and such...they're trying to kill me I think. :p

Yes we're DEFINITELY looking forward to Princess. Heard so many good things about it and the ship look georgous!

We'd definitely be up for meeting on the ship for drinks and whatnot. Drop me a note off the board sometime. Jstewart_1976@comcast.net

James

I am 32 and my BF is 27. We are both looking forward to a lot of relaxing on this cruise, and really want this cruise to be about unwinding and taking it easy on the beaches. Our last few cruises we did so many excursions an running around that we were exausted too early every night, and did not feel rested at all after the cruise.

We were able to grab an aft corner balcony cabin after someone must have given it up. We are very happy about that!

Yes we were very lucky to get a table for two on Royal Carribean. We requested it with out TA and POOF! we got it so we were thrilled.

I hear ya on the excursions running around. On our Hawaii cruise we did sooooo much running around in ports, renting cars etc, that we were so exhausted. Luckily we had 5 full sea days back to the mainland to rest and recover.

We plan to do a lot of beach days too since this also is a port intensive itinerary.

That is awesome that you got the corner aft balcony! We had a corner aft on our two week Hawaii cruise and the balcony was so huge! It was really nice to sit out there and stare at the wake.

That's cool that we are similar ages, we should definately hang out or go to dinner together some evenings. Look forward to chatting more before we leave in October.

Hey guys, just booked the same cruise, my partner and I have both sailed princess 5-6 times in the past, and always enjoy the ships, ports and FOD meetings. Glad to see that you have all ready started a post. Looking forward to seeing more people and info on here soon. Would love to meet up with you guys as well. We went on the Tahitian Princess last November. and by far the best cruise ever. Words can not describe the beauty of the Islands. Defiantly a dream come true. Well, hope to hear from you all soon.

Joe:p

Hey Joe, welcome! It sounds like we have a great group forming already, can't wait to meet everyone.

If you are interested there is also a pretty large group of non FOD on the roll call for this sailing, come on over and post if you like.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=403599&page=300

Tahiti is definately on my "some day" list to cruise. The problem is the airfare is as much as the cruise if not more. Definately want to get there though regardless.

I have been to Hawaii three times now, sailed there on our last cruise. I love Maui, I am sure it is pale in comparison to Tahiti though.

Thanks for the intro. Had a few questions for you? Do you guys have any shore excursions planed? If so are they with princess or on your own? Have you heard of anything that would be fun to do on any of the Islands? I am pretty sure we will be doing the scuba thing with the cruise line (we have done it in the past, and recomend it). I noticed that you emailed the cruise director, any luck there? Oh, as for Tahiti, what we did was watched airfare to go down, then booked the cruise when the price was right between the airfare and the cruise, but we did manage to get air for $699.00 and I think our cruise was about almost triple that (we got spoiled with the mini suites). Well, hope to hear from you soon. Keep in touch.

Joe

Hello! My partner and I, 32 and 28 are looking to fill the last week of October with a trip. Never cruised Princess before, been on NCL and RCCL. Sounds like there will be a fairly large group of us on the ship! Look forward to chatting. Jason

Hey there Jason, glad to hear that your gonna join us. Sounds like a great group so far, and I am sure more will join in time. As for Princess, well my partner and I have sailed with them 5-6 times, I have also sailed with RCCL, and NCL. Princess is by far been the best. We managed to spoil ourselves with the mini-suites, and am afraid to move on to another cruise line (5 stars+) for fear of price and quality of service, they say once you are hooked you will never go back? So, at this point we are sticking with Princess, and now that we are "seasoned" passangers with them, the offers keep a coming. Anyways, hope to hear more about your plans.

Also, is anyone staying a few days after the cruise or before the cruise, if so where did you book your room? There seems to be many choices in San Juan and am looking for advice on the best place to stay without breaking the bank.

Thanks

Joe

Princess is by far been the best. We managed to spoil ourselves with the mini-suites, and am afraid to move on to another cruise line (5 stars+) for fear of price and quality of service, they say once you are hooked you will never go back?

Joe, we too are WAY spoiled with the mini suites. We had an Emerald Deck (Covered Balcony) Mini Suite on the Grand Princess last year and we have an Emerald Deck Mini again on this sailing. Can't wait.

$699 for airfare to Tahiti is a steal! You guys really lucked out on that. I was tossing around the idea of booking a Mediterranean cruise for summer 2008 but Andy said that we are going to stick with the Freedom of the Seas Eastern Carib. He is getting a big group of friends interested and getting them to book with us. We are gonna go on the Freedom next February and then we will have the two week Hawaii cruise again in the Fall of 2008.

Jason, I got your e-mail hope you guys book. The prices are really good.

We are flying in the day of the cruise and flying out the same day that we come back. We got airfare for $276 per person round trip which is a steal for us since we live in Minneapolis which is the hub for Northwest and they have a huge monopoly here.

Hotel prices were just way too expensive for San Juan. We won't have much time to explore San Juan but we will be back there on the Freedom cruise in February.

Hi,

My husband and I are booked for the repositioning cruise of the Crown the week before this. New York to San Juan...but after reading this forum and all the "family" onboard for this sailing...I think I will check to see if we can change it to this sailing.

We're from Massachusetts and legally married now! You all got room for two more?

Of course we have room for two more. We were looking at the same cruise as you, from N.Y. to San Juan, but went with this one. The rates are almost the same, and with this group, it sounds as if this sailing is going to be way better. Good luck with changing your booking and looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Joe

Archived