Crown Princess - October 27th. 2007 - Anyone else going?

Cruise Gopher

We will be staying the night before at the Milano Hotel in Old San Juan just a few blocks from the pier. It is suppose to be a European style hotel and looks nice for the price. After the cruise we are staying at the Atlantic Beach Resort in Condado on the beach. I know there are mixed reviews about it but a good friend highly recommended it and we wanted to be on the beach and around a gay bar.

Which bio bay tour are you looking into? We are thinking of Island Kayaking Adventure (ikatours@hotmail.com). They have 7 and 9 pm trips for $45, Monday thru Saturday. We will probably go Monday or Tuesday.

Check www.Puertoricoguest.com for a good, but not fancy, info sit on PR. Also, keep in mind that many restaurants apparently are closed on Sundays.

As far as shore excursions, I don't recall which ones we have booked. I'll check and get back to you. I know we are doing the DePalm Island Snorkel and Waterpark tour in Aruba and nothing in St. Thomas as of yet as we have already been there.

Dan

OK guys, give me your opinion. We selected late traditional seating on this cruise. After reading the posts to this site it seems most of you prefer free style dining when you want it. But then I read many other comments on other gay boards here which seem to infere that many of us still like traditional seating with the same group each night. I was leaning towards traditional as we get to meet the same people at night to have dinner with and make friends. What's your preference?

Dan

P.S.

Does anyone know anything about the piano bar on the Crown? We had the best time at the piano bar on the Triumph with Buster from NY last year. Everynight until 2 or later! Buster was a fun queen with a great attitude and could he tickle the ivories.

OK guys, give me your opinion. We selected late traditional seating on this cruise. After reading the posts to this site it seems most of you prefer free style dining when you want it. But then I read many other comments on other gay boards here which seem to infere that many of us still like traditional seating with the same group each night. I was leaning towards traditional as we get to meet the same people at night to have dinner with and make friends. What's your preference?

Dan

P.S.

Does anyone know anything about the piano bar on the Crown? We had the best time at the piano bar on the Triumph with Buster from NY last year. Everynight until 2 or later! Buster was a fun queen with a great attitude and could he tickle the ivories.

We always choose "Anytime Dining" on Princess. Mainly because we often like to just enjoy dinner by ourselves. But the great thing about Anytime Dinning is that if you make some new friends during the cruise then you can meet up and eat together.

We always choose Traditional dinning, only because that is what we always have done, but It is my understanding that if you do choose Traditional dinning, and you want to change to anytime dinning then its no problem, but if you do it the other way then there may be trouble changing. Jeff and I prefer to dine alone as well, and have had great luck getting a table for 2 at traditional dinning. We have always made friends on the ship, and have requested to eat with them during traditional dinning, and they were able to make accommodation's.

As for the Bio Bay tour, we are booking it through the tour desk at the caribe hilton. I believe that its on the night of the 3rd, and runs from about 7pm to 11pm. I was told that the experience is best when there is a new moon, or no moon at all, and it just so happens that the 3rd is a new moon night.

As for on the cruise, here is what we have booked or planed so far:

St Thomas, we are going to spend the day over in St. John (via water taxi).

St Kitts, nothing at this point.

Grenada, river tube adventure.

Bonaire, nothing at this point but looking into scub or snorkle tour.

Aruba, we have the helmet dive scheduled, but may cancel and opt for some massages at a resort recommended on CC.

Thats about it for now, just can not wait till the 26th of October gets here. Chat with you all soon.

Joe

We always choose Traditional dinning, only because that is what we always have done

I chose Traditional since I'll be solo for this leg of the cruise (my partner and friends disembark 10/27 after the repositioning from NY). I'm always up for dining "Anytime" or in one of the specialty restaurants if invited to join new found friends aboard.

Warren

Another vote for anytime dining here. This is one of the reasons that we are trying Princess actually. We were lucky to be able to get two tables for two on RCL, but like not having to worry about it. We enjoy dining just the two of us when we are crusing. That is not to say that if we meet up with people we won't ever dine with them, it's just more about speanding a nice quiet meal together after a long day. 40 days to go!

Hello Everyone, I am Joe's partner (joejoe4fun). He is all business trying to plan out this trip, excursions, when and where and such. I just wanted to jump in and say hello to everyone. And should we not all forget about the most important holiday that we will be celebrating????? Halloween. Is everyone getting costumes ready? Now to me, Halloween is the best holiday, surpassing Christmas and Thanksgiving. But that is just me.

Now I personally, love to fly by the seat of my pants, pun intended. But Joe insist on planning everything out to a "T". I just want relaxation and time away from work. I look forward to meeting eveyone, only 40 more days. Scary, where did this year go????

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All, hope everyone is still checking this board before departure. Should we try to plan a get together, just in case the FOD meeting is not till the 5 day? Is everyone still going? Any new people? Should we plan an event like taking over the Skywalker club the night of Halloween...... Damn, now I am doing it. Joe has planned so many activities for he and I to do, I guess I just want to do the same. Let us know.

Only 3 weeks to go, less than 16 working days !!!! Yipee.

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Well boys, jeff and I are leaving today for San Juan, not sure if everyone is still with us because it has been real quiet on here, but never the less we will have a blast. See you all on board, or at the first FOD meeting.

Happy Cruisin

Joe and Jeff

Archived