Anyone on Atkins?

stiffaney

Welcome back Hei!! Did you have a terrific time!? I bet you did!!

Nancy.........Strict...Strict.... Induction for about 3-5 days? Lots of water...and a few extra exercise sessions (extra walk....or extra long walk....) And see what your scales tell you then!

It was Finally... a beautiful morning. I took our dog out and we even we further then our normal route..it felt great!

Wooo! Just got back from my cruise and wanted to share my experiences with keeping low carb while on the cruise.

The MDR staff was very accomodating. The first night I tried explaining to my waiter that I wouldn't want bread, potatoes, or pasta; I eat low carb. Apparently you do have to put in your next day's order with the matre d but that was perfectly fine with me!

My first slip up came at the past guests party when they put at least 5 sugary drinks down in front of us. My boyfriend isn't much of a drinker and I couldn't let them go to waste! You can order red or white wine if you desire it too.

Then on the evening before the last day I became very ill with the flu and just HAD to have some pizza and nothing soothed my sore throat like the soft serve ice cream. Once I have a taste of sweets though I tend to go crazy so I had a few bites of quite a few of the lido deck offerings. Nothing was really worth it other than the ice cream and tiramisu, so I'll keep that in mind for next time! Overall, it was a really great time and pretty easy to keep to this diet if you want to!

The MDR staff was very accomodating. The first night I tried explaining to my waiter that I wouldn't want bread, potatoes, or pasta; I eat low carb. Apparently you do have to put in your next day's order with the matre d but that was perfectly fine with me!

What ship were you on? I have never even spoken to the matre d', and I've been on a few cruises....now what that means in the past few years is that I have had to tell the waiter no thanks a few times, but in general they remember. It's their job.

Oh, I bet I know what it is. You told them that in the future you wouldn't be wanting those foods, which translated in their minds: special diet, and they did the right thing. They called the maitre d'.

I just go day by day and choose from the menu. But what you did works, too, if you stay outta the sugary drinks and ice cream :eek:

Glad you had a good time!

Edited by GHarkness

Nothing was really worth it other than the ice cream and tiramisu, so I'll keep that in mind for next time!

That is always my thought process too. Is it worth breaking the diet and/or the calories? If it isn't, then I find it much easier to pass it by. That is why when my husband or daughters eat a store bought cookie, I am not tempted.

Exactly right. A store bought cookie isn't worth it for me either. There are some foods that can cause a problem, but not store bought.

OK. So, I'm being extra strick today. I haven't exercised yet, but it is on the agenda. I have high hopes that the strickness will pay off.

Nancy

Welcome back Hei!! Did you have a terrific time!? I bet you did!!

We did have a wonderful cruise.

The third day into the cruise my husband's electric scooter the Go-Go did not. It ended up I became the Pusher of the wheelchair.

I Am Woman I Am Strong, was a song I keep singing. As a 80 year old I was happy to be able to do the job.

But, my diet took a hit. Dear husband, 230 pounds, was a front seat driver telling me how to push, how to turn the chair etc.

I must say those glasses, yes, glasses, of wine helped. At that juncture, I said, “spit on the diet.”

But now I want back in. PLEASE.

Good Morning Everyone!

Lixer - ooo...that soft serve ice cream machine knows when I step on the ship...and it starts singing to me.....So I have to go where the music is blaring to block it out...at least until our evening stroll around the ship with a cone in my hand!! ha!!...It's Vacation!! :)

Hei... Oh, so sorry on the scooter going out! But big Kuddos to you for being the chair pusher for your Hubby!! .... a little relaxer for the pusher...I'd have to agree on that! :p Welcome back!

Nancy...hope your reward shows for your hard work and being strict!

Andrea...we have to go fill up our water mugs!

GH..hope your having a good day!

My DH and I kinda have a saying.... We'll see sweets/ bread etcs... and we'll say something like "If I'm going to put a carb in my mouth....it better be the best tasting carb I've had all day!!" haha! ....and as some know my motto has been for a long time now : "It's your fork, and it's your choice!"

And where is Cerabella, Lisa,??

Have a good day everyone!

Dear Jean - Thanks for the good thoughts.

I did lose 1/2 pound today.... but it could be the same 1/2 pound that I have been losing and gaining since around Christmas.

I got out my Atkins books to refresh my knowledge and to inspire me. 10 pounds to go before my cruise in April.

Nancy

I must say those glasses, yes, glasses, of wine helped.

I love that he was a front seat driver :) I would be right there with you on the glasses of wine just so you could maintain the positive attitude with a running critique. My husband would definitely be like that if he weren't in control. So, I'm sure I'll have that to look forward to in years to come. Welcome back to the program.

I'm currently on a self-imposed "no weighing" week. I was getting to be ruled by the scale, and that is never good. So, the scale has been put away for now. Next week we'll see what impact it has.

Jean - I'm guessing that those numbers are miles? Way to go. I don't even check how far I go.. I just ride for 30 minutes. I have yet to get on today.. but I have big plans. I'm thinking meat for supper. How about you?

Nancy

LOL!! Yes!! Miles!! I didn't get that down did I!! :o

Go NANCY!! Energy!! for sure!!

Good Job Andrea!! .... hope your oldest gets over 'It' soon!!

Ok...so we all know we have some of 'Those Days!"...well........I try to stay away from Pei Wei....because I love their Pad Thai....and GULP!!! Guess where I ended up with my kids and Grand-daughter for lunch?!?! :eek:Yep! ...and no...I did not have the lettuce wraps like I should have...:eek:Pad Thai!! OK, yes, I'll go to the gym and do more, but can I say that it went down really good?!?! :p THAT's it...I'm done. BBQ tonight and some salad and water!!

It is a given, we should not be eating desserts BUT how about the sugar free cakes and mousse? I love, love, love their lemon sugar free mousse. Yum.

On our 14 day cruise I had two regular sweets but other than that, cheese plates. Oh, ok, I forgot; DH never knew, we did receive those little pillow delights each night, he never saw a one. What can I say, I am a weak sister.

I just want to say that Thai Basil Herb Chicken is not carb nice. I didn't know... until the next day when I had packed on 3 pounds... I had only lost 2 and I put on 3. The food didn't even weigh 3 pounds. But now I have sacrificed for all of you. No one needs to try that appetizer. It must have sugar and who knows what in it. I thought... chicken... what could be so bad? Well.. stay clear of it; I will. Back on the wagon.

Nancy

I just want to say that Thai Basil Herb Chicken is not carb nice. I didn't know... until the next day when I had packed on 3 pounds... I had only lost 2 and I put on 3. The food didn't even weigh 3 pounds. But now I have sacrificed for all of you. No one needs to try that appetizer. It must have sugar and who knows what in it. I thought... chicken... what could be so bad? Well.. stay clear of it; I will. Back on the wagon.

Nancy

Thanks for taking the hit for the gang!

So, I'm wondering if I can count cleaning as exercise. I know technically I should clean AND exercise. However, with "the ill one" as I now refer to my oldest, I really can only do one or the other. Since the cleaning is the more pressing issue, I'm going to do it. I'd still like to give myself credit for some exercise. What if I do it vigorously??

Hey Everyone!!

WOOW...!! I'm going to say the same thing that most everyone is saying "Brrr! Baby! It's cold outside!!!" haha!

Yeah...first for me in a long time...in 4 hours the doors to my car froze shut!!...I Finally got the passenger side open...then had to push the drivers door open to get in!!

It's about 8 degrees right now...and that's 2 from our high for today at 10! For us...it is cold out there!

So...since it's cold out....we are all moving just a little faster these days to get in the house!! :) How's that for a happy thought? ....well, I tried.

Nope didn't make it to the gym last night... I didn't want to spend 20 minutes trying to get my doors open again to go home! LOL!

Water... I am having the hardest time drinking my straight - no color or flavor water these days!!.... And I love my water!!.... I think it's becasue it's so cold out!!..

I'm going to take a big water bottle to the tred mil tonight...and I can't stop walking until I have drank all of it!! :p

Andrea - so sorry the crud had hit your house... yuck!!

Hang in there Everyone!!!!!!

Hey Everyone!! in 4 hours the doors to my car froze shut!!...I Finally got the passenger side open...then had to push the drivers door open to get in!!

Same thing happened to my husband. He has been driving my car the past few days, because he still can't get into his. Of course, I think he prefers driving mine anyway if the truth is told.

Water... I am having the hardest time drinking my straight - no color or flavor water these days!!.... And I love my water!!.... I think it's becasue it's so cold out!!..

I'll use that as my excuse too (although yours is probably legitimate and I'm just riding your coattails).

Andrea - so sorry the crud had hit your house... yuck!!

Thanks. If anyone has a recommendation on a good tasting children's cough medicine I'm all ears.