Have you ever seen a "Celebrity" on a cruise?

conversationist

• 1 month later...
Ever once in a while I see a well known person on an Airplane and it is very exciting. I know celebrities do go on vacation but I wonder if they go on cruises.

Have you ever seen a true Celebrity on a cruise? Who?

Well at the time they were not celebrities- they had just been on a documentary on TLC but I recognized Amy and Matt Roloff and asked them if I had seen them on TLC? They told me yes and about their upcoming show Little People Big World.

Now this was in October 05 the Oct. 2-9 sailing of RCI's Mariner of the Seas.

I kept looking for the show on TLC and my husband was convinced I had confused them with someone else and that they were "pulling my leg" about having a TV show-and then finailly 5 months later-their show came on and then my husband agreed that yes those were the people we had seen and spoken to on our cruise.

Now often I will see someone who looks like a celebrity but that is just it- they look like someone-in 2003 there was a man who looked like Charlie Sheen on our Carnival cruise-not him ofcourse (I think Charlie would go for something nicer then any mainstream cruiseline!)-but when I told his wife that -she laughed and said people told him that all the time.

Well at the time they were not celebrities- they had just been on a documentary on TLC but I recognized Amy and Matt Roloff and asked them if I had seen them on TLC? They told me yes and about their upcoming show Little People Big World.

Now this was in October 05 the Oct. 2-9 sailing of RCI's Mariner of the Seas.

I kept looking for the show on TLC and my husband was convinced I had confused them with someone else and that they were "pulling my leg" about having a TV show-and then finailly 5 months later-their show came on and then my husband agreed that yes those were the people we had seen and spoken to on our cruise.

Now often I will see someone who looks like a celebrity but that is just it- they look like someone-in 2003 there was a man who looked like Charlie Sheen on our Carnival cruise-not him ofcourse (I think Charlie would go for something nicer then any mainstream cruiseline!)-but when I told his wife that -she laughed and said people told him that all the time.

Actually I would think Carnival would be his ideal cruise. They do call it the "fun ship" ;) and I think Charlie would like a fun ship.;) ;)

Actually I would think Carnival would be his ideal cruise. They do call it the "fun ship" ;) and I think Charlie would like a fun ship.;) ;)

His wife was not Denise Richards-she was a regular, average looking (not gorgeous like DR) middle aged 40 year old gal! so this fellow just looked like Charlie!

I went on a cruise in December 2006 and I met Howie from the Backstreet Boys. He was just hanging out by the pool like a normal person. The last night in the club on the ship he came out to the dance floor with a mic and sang.

I went on a cruise in December 2006 and I met Howie from the Backstreet Boys. He was just hanging out by the pool like a normal person. The last night in the club on the ship he came out to the dance floor with a mic and sang.

I used to be a HUGE Backstreet Boys fan in the day. DANG. I would have died!:rolleyes:

I just got off the Island Princess and Gavin McCloud (the origianl Love Boat captain (along with his wife, daughter and son-in-law) were on the ship. Gavin gave us cruisers an audience where we could ask questions and hear about his life and many of his experiences with other stars.

I just got off the Island Princess and Gavin McCloud (the origianl Love Boat captain (along with his wife, daughter and son-in-law) were on the ship. Gavin gave us cruisers an audience where we could ask questions and hear about his life and many of his experiences with other stars.

You think Princess gave him a free cruise for all thos eyears they got free advertizing for the show Love Boat?

Archived