Genesis.--- The Maiden.

When Liberty moves out to set sail then they start to assemble Independence (?) So when she moves out in April 2008, then Genesis will be cut out & assembly started in the winter for her to sail in August or so 2009. Now I am reading that the 2nd Genesis ship may be dropped? Aker stated they have 3 ships on the contract. But no bigger to be built there.

Liberty has long since moved out of the assembly building and has alreadyundergone some sea trials, so construction of Independence is either already underway or will be shortly. Information on the Genesis project is very sketchy so what you may have read about RCJ not exercising their option for additional ships in that class has to be suspect. If you should care to indicate the source of your information, we might be better able to assess its reliability.

I'm guessing it will be this spring that she starts being assembled at the shipyards? It will be fun to watch those updates.

More likely about a year from now after Independence has been floated out.:) Somewhere around that time RCI's PR machine will probably start churning out more information and teasers about the new "largest" cruise ship.

Too much time and too many cruises to take before she sails. Ask me again about two years from now.:D

HI BILL!!! You are so right!!! Too many other cruises to take before we can even think of being on the GENESIS. I probably will not get to be on her when she is 3 years old...let alone brand new!!! LOL!!!:D Mayber we should plan a reunion of THE ROYAL JEWELS and our very own Captain Thore!!!:D

ROSS

HI BILL!!! You are so right!!! Too many other cruises to take before we can even think of being on the GENESIS. I probably will not get to be on her when she is 3 years old...let alone brand new!!! LOL!!!:D Mayber we should plan a reunion of THE ROYAL JEWELS and our very own Captain Thore!!!:D

ROSS

Sounds like a plan to me, Ross. Perhaps if RCI keeps its promise to return to Boston in 2008, we can find something suitable.:)

Hi Bill! Hi Wendy! Hi Emmy! I'll be joining you fine folks on this lady's Inaugural Voyage. I know there are several others who will be joining when she sails as well. Most of them PBS members, so Wendy, make sure you bring your Pink Boa! lol

I'm less concerned about when she sails as much as I am about when bookings will begin. I know, as Emmy said, when Freedom first opened her bookings it was for C&A members. If I have to, I'll be power dialing that day as well. The Freedom sold out in a matter of hours if my memory serves me correctly. I'm guessing Genesis will do the same.

I'm wanting to book Genesis while I'm onboard for the credits but that may be a risky proposition. Plenty of time to think about it I guess.

Anyways, hello everyone. My name is Chris and I'll be sailing with my wife of 31 years, Kathy. We are both proud PBS members. :)

Archived