Which ship should we do?

lucky777

I am trying to book our honeymoon, and it will be my first time on RC. My fiancé went many years ago and cannot remember the ship he was on I am just trying to find one that has spacious rooms, and that is nice I don't know if we should just get an ocean view room or should we get a balcony or even suite.

We want to do the Caribbean; more western than eastern right now. We are having a hard time choosing between: Mariner of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, and Freedom of the Seas. Which ship would you recommend?

I just want the honeymoon to be perfect. Thanks everyone for your help.

-lucky777

I'd actually choose the Southern Caribbean. I think the islands are more exotic the further south you go. We did Adventure of the Seas 2 years ago, and had an ocean view room (a square window). Can't remember which deck, but it didn't matter much. The size of the rooms are quite similar. Unless you are an extremely large person, it shouldn't be much of an issue. If you want to spend the entire trip in your room, just stay in a hotel after the wedding rather than go on a cruise. Otherwise, get outside, explore or bask in the beautiful ocean air! You'll have a ball!!

I would book a balcony or suite on any of the ships since it is your honeymoon, you want to make it special. We have been on Mariner of the Seas and it is currenty our favorite ship, she's perfect. However, I would probably recommend Liberty since she will be brand new. Good luck!

I agree with the balcony option. Cruising with a balcony (esp as honeymooners) is the ultimate. Breakfast served on the balcony...lazy languid afternoon coffees with feet up on the glass balcony wall while the ocean gently burbles along beneath you...nightime snuggles as the moon rises...there's no end to the benefits.

If you like to stay active Freedom/Liberty would be slightly better. More activities, and on a larger scale than the other ships. A bit more razzle dazzle, too.

Not sure when you're crusing but we booked Liberty for Dec 15th this year and the prices are SO LOW that I found it hard to believe. With zero haggling or pressure or TA got us a rate in Canadian funds that was lower than the lowest posted US rate.

Plan ahead, and use the savings for spiffy excursions or...?

Congratulations!

Alan

I am Canadian who did you use. I was disappointed that the rate on the RCI web page said 609 Canadian and when I called they could only give me the cost in American funds which was 549 US. Which when converted is more than the 609.

Thanks

I'd go for a balcony...hump cabin if it's available...or an aft...

We're going for our 3rd anniversary this august...the prospect of having breakfast on our balcony...along with (how do I put this politely)...a lil' bit of late night open air lovin' (*ahem*) ....were the selling factors for us on a balcony room! ...that's right...let your imagination wander with fun thoughts of newlywed bliss...

In regards to ships, I've got nothin' since this'll be our first RC cruise. From what I've read, Freedom--while there are tons of fun activities and things to do--seems to be family oriented, so there will be more kids. However, we're planning on spending more time in the adult-oriented areas/activities to avoid feeling like we're plagued with kids.

My cousin went on Mariner for her honeymoon and she said they loved it.

We did the Western Carib. last year and had a Balcony. I would highly recommend the Balcony if you can afford it. We loved ours and it was so nice just being able to get out on the balcony and get away from everyone. It was also the only place we could actually find a lounge chair.

I am Canadian who did you use. I was disappointed that the rate on the RCI web page said 609 Canadian and when I called they could only give me the cost in American funds which was 549 US. Which when converted is more than the 609.

Thanks

I used a Toronto-based TA who is part of a national chain. They have a store in Barrie, too.

Small world. I lived in Innisfil for 10 years, and then another couple in the Tall Oaks area of Barrie. Back in boring Mississauga now.

Feel free to e-mail me at alan_wechsler@hotmail.com for the actual name.

Happy Cruising,

Alan

First you don't say when your going. As Liberty of the Seas has yet to be built. I've done seven cruises so far. East, West, and South all have their strong points for seeing. To start, the Western tour does give a good sample of different islands to visit with various cultures. Labadee is owned by RCCL and is a great beach location.I just sailed on Freedom of the Seas. A great ship in everyway. Get a balcony. Midship is the best location. It limits the bounce and roll being located there. Not that I felt much on my trip. Its a hugh ship. They have two specialty resturants on board, as soon as you can book them. Its worth the extra 20 per person. Chops was some of the best food at sea. Check out the nightly shows they are very entertaining. Do the Bingo on the last night of the cruise my Wife won big. If you like wine with diner get the wine package. They also have a soft drink package. If you drink soda 24 - 7 get that package. As soon as Liberty is built, Freedom and Liberty will alternate Western and Eastern cruises. A pre-cruise stay in Miami at one of its hotels is nice, you will be relaxed and rested for your trip. If your fight home is late, do the everglades tour to pass the time. The only thing to remember is have fun.:)

We just got back from the western Caribbean on the Navigator of the Seas. We had Cabin 1388 aft balcony it was great it is a D1 cabin but the size of a junior suite. We loved it. The food was great and the ship is like brand new. They were always doing some kind of maintance at every port stop we made. Navigator is Mariner's sister ship so they are very much the same except for their decor and art. We went to Labadee, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozomel. We had 2 sea days which we really enjoyed.

You can do as little or as much as you like on the ships. There are lots of shows and activities to enjoy. Debbie

Archived