Which ship should we do?

lucky777

I am trying to book our honeymoon, and it will be my first time on RC. My fiancé went many years ago and cannot remember the ship he was on I am just trying to find one that has spacious rooms, and that is nice I don't know if we should just get an ocean view room or should we get a balcony or even suite.

We want to do the Caribbean; more western than eastern right now. We are having a hard time choosing between: Mariner of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, and Freedom of the Seas. Which ship would you recommend?

I just want the honeymoon to be perfect. Thanks everyone for your help.

-lucky777

I don't think you will go wrong with any of those ships. You have to decide a couple of things....exactly which itinerary interests you the most, and also whether or not you will make use of the 'extras' on Freedom/Liberty compared to Mariner. To me, the ship is more important than the itinerary in general. I've been to a lot of islands so that's not a big deal for me. If you want to go somewhere specific, judge by itinerary.

If you ARE going to make use of the FlowRider, or boxing ring, then choose Freedom or Liberty. If not, then otherwise those ships are similar to Mariner, and Mariner may be cheaper, so that might be the route to go to. They are all huge beautiful ships so you just have to decide what you want to be picky about. :) Enjoy and congrats on the wedding!!!

I don't think you will go wrong with any of those ships. You have to decide a couple of things....exactly which itinerary interests you the most, and also whether or not you will make use of the 'extras' on Freedom/Liberty compared to Mariner. To me, the ship is more important than the itinerary in general. I've been to a lot of islands so that's not a big deal for me. If you want to go somewhere specific, judge by itinerary.

If you ARE going to make use of the FlowRider, or boxing ring, then choose Freedom or Liberty. If not, then otherwise those ships are similar to Mariner, and Mariner may be cheaper, so that might be the route to go to. They are all huge beautiful ships so you just have to decide what you want to be picky about. :) Enjoy and congrats on the wedding!!!

Christie-I see you all over the place!! You are always on when I'm on too. Just had a cruise in Dec 06 on The Jewel and on Enchantment in May 06. The next one is Freedom in Nov 07.First time on one of the larger ships-we'll see. I see you are from Jersey-me too, Cape May. Susie

Christie-I see you all over the place!! You are always on when I'm on too.

LOL that's funny! :p I've been stuck at home working on my daughter's room lately, so on my little "breaks", I come online. I will probably close to disappear in the spring & summer, since I can never stay indoors when the weather's nice. :D

I think everyone is in the Freedom / Liberty craze now and like Christie mentions, the Mariner may be a bit less expensive. As far as a cabin, you may want to concider a JS since its your Honeymoon and you'll probably be spending some extra time in your room.....:D They are more roomy than a regular cabin and having the tub and walk in closet are nice adders too. If the cost is too much for a JS than I would try for a balcony. There is nothing like eating breakfast on the balcony while sailing at sea....

Funny thing..... I am sitting here writing this and as I look out my office window, its snowing.....MAN I wish I was at Coco Cay snorkeling about now...!! Good luck and congrats on the wedding...!!

Hi, we just sailed on the Jewel, and she was absolultly Beautiful! Smaller class ship, but perfect, and she's the second youngest ship at the present time in the RCCL cruise fleet. There were 2 wedding parties aboard our cruise, and they seemed to be having a wonderful time. We did the 8 day Eastern Caribbean, great itinerary. Just my 2 cents!!:)

I am trying to book our honeymoon, and it will be my first time on RC. My fiancé went many years ago and cannot remember the ship he was on I am just trying to find one that has spacious rooms, and that is nice I don't know if we should just get an ocean view room or should we get a balcony or even suite.

You need to be aware of a couple of things. First, cruise ship cabins are very small. If "spcaious" is a necessity, than you will have to go for a suite. Unfortunately, you will pay considerably more for a suite in lieu of a standard cabin. An oceanview cabin and a balcony cabin are basically the same size, with the exception of the added space from the balcony. In a standard balcony cabin the balcony itself is not very big, about 45 square feet. The standard balcony comes with two chairs and a small table. The chairs are just plain upright chairs, not reclining lounge chairs. If you want a big balcony with enough space for reclining lounge chairs you are going to need a suite. You really need to ask yourself if all this extra space is necessary and if it's worth the extra money. It may be your honeymoon, but are you really going to spend all your time in the cabin. If you're going to go ashore all day when the ship stops at a port and you're planning to lay around the pool when the ship is at sea you may not really be able take advantage of that extra space you have paid for in the suite. I know that you want your honeymoon to be special, but you pay a big premium for a suite so you should consider it carefully. The money you save by buying a cheaper cabin could be spent buying each other a nice gift.

My vote is for Jewel. She is just the right size, nice and new, just perfect for my 1st cruise. I know, I have nothing to compare it to but she is the reason I booked my 2nd cruise as soon as I got home!!!

We love the Voyager class ships and this year we will be sailing on Soveriegn in two months and then on Freedom in the fall.

A note on the perfect honeymoon, just have a great time. You really have to go with the flow and just take it as is. If you plan everything out exactly and things start to change, you will ruin the perfect honeymoon. Just have fun and go with the flow. Plan but be ready for change and you will have the perfect honeymoon.

Enjoy.

Joe

Archived