first time holland america cruiser

acpcruiser

I may be sticking my neck out with this and I certainly can't read the minds of the HAL executives, but I kind of expect that HAL might consider a 19 year old a young adult rather than a kid.

If I recall correctly the kids and teenage programs are pretty playful for someone that old....just my opinion, mind you.

The number of young people on a cruise seems to depend on the length of the cruise and the time of year. Shorter cruises (7days as opposed to 30 days for instance) and the time of the year of the cruise has a lot to do with it. There are far fewer school-aged people on cruises taken while school is in session. The opposite is also true....more kids in summer. More kids on short cruises as opposed to longer ones.

Others here may be of more help about what is available especially for a 19 year old.

Anyway, I hope she goes and has a great time. HAL is always looking for younger passengers....that's their future!

I am being told that Holland Americas ships have little or no kids on baord. I have a 19 year old daughter that is going with us on the Noordam is there going to be things for her to do??

tough age...agree. but she should have a great cruise no matter what! focus on time together and let her have time alone. am sure she will find other young adults to "hang out with". It's such a transition time for all of you...so enjoy your time together.

Cass

I am being told that Holland Americas ships have little or no kids on baord. I have a 19 year old daughter that is going with us on the Noordam is there going to be things for her to do??

Well, she can spend a lot of time "checking out" the cute Filipino/Indonesian crew! :D It's a bit too early yet for a Roll Call to be started for an '08 cruise, but when one does get going you can check there for any others around the same age that are going.

Archived