Harbour Beach Club

jonmar

My wife, daughter and I will be in Bonaire for a day in April while we are on a cruise. The 'tour' offered by the cruise line to the hotel is 6 hours in duration which will be too long for our daughter who is 15 months. Can we take a taxi to the hotel and use their facilities for a fee, or is it something the hotel works out directly with the cruise line?

My DH & I will be there in April also. I called the resort to find out what is offered. I was told it is by reservation only. It is $35 per person per day. I did not ask the price for children. It includes pool, chairs, and lunch. You must send them an email asking for a reservation and they will let you know if you can come on the day you request. Here is the web site http://www.harbourvillage.com They said you can not just show up, it depends on the number of guests they have staying there at the time.

My DH & I will be there in April also. I called the resort to find out what is offered. I was told it is by reservation only. It is $35 per person per day. I did not ask the price for children. It includes pool, chairs, and lunch. You must send them an email asking for a reservation and they will let you know if you can come on the day you request. Here is the web site http://www.harbourvillage.com They said you can not just show up, it depends on the number of guests they have staying there at the time.

It does not include lunch. It's a $35 charge and you get a $15 credit towards the purchase of food and beverage at their restaurant.

They will email you back requesting the dates you wish and the names of all going. You pay once you arrive.

Thanks for the info. The only email I found on the website was for USA reservations. I sent one anyway. Does anyone know how far the resort is from the cruise port? What would a taxi cost? Thanks.

That's where I sent it and they must have forwarded it to the resort in Bonaire and I received my reply. The person who handles it is increidbly nice and will quickly email you back a response.

I'll be in Bonaire 7 Mar 07 and here's what they responded with when I asked about a reservation for a day pass:

Thank you for your interest in our resort. Unfortunately, our day passes are only available during the summer months. On the date that you will be in Bonaire we are completely sold out and unable to accommodate any more guests.

• 1 month later...

We went to the Harbour Village on March 7th. I booked via e-mail in Nov/Dec '06 and agree with previous poster, person replying was great.

There was a sign there that said something like they no longer offer day passes during peak periods and the person at the desk looked a little puzzled that we had a reservation however I took the e-mail with us and we got the passes. $35 per person which included chairs and $15 towards food at the beach restaurant. It was a nice quiet day and it looked like there were about 4 other people there from the cruiseship (only juding by the the blue and white towels they had). If you are interested in going here, it wouldn't hurt to send them an e-mail because it appears that it depends on just how booked they are.

We went to the Harbour Village on March 7th. I booked via e-mail in Nov/Dec '06 and agree with previous poster, person replying was great.

There was a sign there that said something like they no longer offer day passes during peak periods and the person at the desk looked a little puzzled that we had a reservation however I took the e-mail with us and we got the passes. $35 per person which included chairs and $15 towards food at the beach restaurant. It was a nice quiet day and it looked like there were about 4 other people there from the cruiseship (only juding by the the blue and white towels they had). If you are interested in going here, it wouldn't hurt to send them an e-mail because it appears that it depends on just how booked they are.

I have my email confirmation which I'm taking with me as I have this reserved for our 3/31 Crown sailing stop in Bonaire. Did you enjoy the day there?

• 4 weeks later...

We were on the same cruise as Carolyn and sent an email. They never replied. We tried to walk up but they would not let us. Our taxi driver took us to the beach next door, Eden Beach, and it was great. There were chairs for rent for 5$ and they had snorkel equipment for 7$. There were two bars with very good food. We had salads and the kids had large burgers. There was plenty of shade under Palm trees. The beach was rocky, the attraction is snorkeling and it was terrific. There is a small dock and it's quite easy to go right in and over the reefs. Not a great place for water activites with a baby though as there's not much sand in the water. The people were very friendly and we had no problem getting a taxi back.

Archived