Transportation from SFO parking lot to pier

Monterey Girl

We are driving to SF to embark on a cruise that ends in Vancouver. We are flying back to SFO so we figured we would park our car near the airport at an off site lot. My question: how do we get from the parking lot to the pier ? Has anyone does this ? I called the lot and they know from nothing ! We don't want to take BART because of loads of luggage. Is there such as thing as a cruise pier shuttle ? Since we live so close to SF we do not want to go to the expense of a park and cruise hotel. Plus that wouldn't help us when we fly back to the air port. I figure we could TRY to get a cab from the off site parking lot. Anybody know about how much a cab ride id from SFO to say,the Pier 39 area ? Why does this seem SO complicated !!?? MG :confused:

We are driving to SF to embark on a cruise that ends in Vancouver. We are flying back to SFO so we figured we would park our car near the airport at an off site lot. My question: how do we get from the parking lot to the pier ? Has anyone does this ? I called the lot and they know from nothing ! We don't want to take BART because of loads of luggage. Is there such as thing as a cruise pier shuttle ? Since we live so close to SF we do not want to go to the expense of a park and cruise hotel. Plus that wouldn't help us when we fly back to the air port. I figure we could TRY to get a cab from the off site parking lot. Anybody know about how much a cab ride id from SFO to say,the Pier 39 area ? Why does this seem SO complicated !!?? MG :confused:

The shuttle would be your best option. I also would inquire about taxi service to SFO.

We're also on a cruise out of S.F. to Vancouver. Are you on the 4/27-Wine Cruise?

Karyn

We parked at Anza's recently and took the shuttle to the Terminals. We had booked a couple day stay in Vancouver and Celebrity had given us free shuttle tickets from the airport to the Terminal.

I would NOT recommend Celebrity Shuttle Service. From the time they took our group to the bus location we waited in an open parking lot for 1 1/2 for the bus to arrive.

If I were to do it again I would use Super Shuttle as others have suggested. They fill up a Van and off they go.

Jim

We happen to be booked on that same cruise....5/7/07. The thing about the shuttles is that many of them don't like to go to the pier in San Francisco as it is right on the embarcadero and a hassle for shuttles. We have sailed out of that pier several times and there is really just no room for all the drop offs and pick ups....although we have braved through it. As above, many shuttles don't like going there thus they charge a premium if they allow you to book the transportation. You might spend some time doing your shopping to get the best deal.

PS...parking at SFO (even offsite) is pricey...much more so than at the Oakland airport. Probably cheaper to get a cab from Oakland International than from SFO to the pier. Good luck.

Last year we had a group of 4 so found it fun to hire a Limo to the Pier. For our return, I rented a car from Avis (about 4 blocks from the pier) with a local edition drop off.

I have to agree with Cruise Raider - San Francisco Pier is a mess.

Jim

Archived