You think cruiselines are the only one in travel industry who mess with pricing?

Beerman

I've had my cruise booked on Carnival for months. Got a great deal. Also had airfare booked for 3 months because price kept rising. Now that same flight is 95.00 per person cheaper. That's a big difference for trying to book early. So don't even get get me started. If I remember it's called supply and demand. ALL LEISURE AND TRAVEL INDUSTRY DO IT!

All American businesses do this - its called Marketing !

Oil, stocks, autos - they're all priced differently today than yesterday to reflect changes in market conditions. The price for your airline ticket could have been $95 higher. Just depends on how successfull they are in filling their seats

Steel(rebar and girders) in California construction right now has tripled in price in the last 8 months ! ! :(

Roofing Tile manufacturers can't get enough cement without raising the price of their products throught the roof. So they've chosen to go to allocations and processing orders up to 6 months from now. :(

Ready-mix concrete has skyrocketed to $95 a yard in some places of the high desert. Formed up foundations sit abandoned until the "availability" of cement becomes better. :(

The rumor:

The Chinese are building a monster dam, buying up all our cement and steel. Iraq gets all our plywood (has doubled in price in one year) :confused:

Cruiselines have the same problem only on a weekly basis. They absolutely have to hit a home run every week and make sure their ships leave port FILLED TO CAPACITY. The closer they get to that target on a regular basis the more successful they are. As a result there are many price variations from 6 months out to one week out.

I've had my cruise booked on Carnival for months. Got a great deal. Also had airfare booked for 3 months because price kept rising. Now that same flight is 95.00 per person cheaper. That's a big difference for trying to book early. So don't even get get me started. If I remember it's called supply and demand. ALL LEISURE AND TRAVEL INDUSTRY DO IT!

My flight went down $30 pp so I called asked and was given vouchers for the $120.00 difference so I would suggest you call & see what the airline will do for you.

You were able to get a voucher from the airlines? Was that for a future flight? I never thought to check for price reductions on air. I've booked our flight well in advance, and about one week later they informed me that they added a stopover. I hate to fly and wanted a non-stop flight. Does anyone know if I can change the return flight for nonstop? Makes me upset because I hate takeoffs and landings, that's why I booked nonstops.

I got a credit to my credit card from Southwest when my airfare went down. I had never tried this before but figured it only cost me a phone call! They credit it as long as it is the same class code you originally booked.

I just called Delta to try to get a voucher because my flights have gone down $50pp and I know some of you said that Delta had issued you vouchers in the past. I spoke to two different people and both of them told me that as of last week, the policy has changed, so if the difference is not more then $100, they will actually charge you to change the ticket and if it is more then $100 then you only get the difference minus $100. They said that due to their current "financial standings", they can no longer absorb the cost of changing the fare because in order to do this they have to reissue the ticket which costs them money. I told them I didn't understand why they had to reissue the ticket if I am going on the exact same flight but he didn't know what to tell me. I even got into a heated discussion with the supervisor because I didn't think it was fair to penalize me for booking my flight early and then not reimburse me when the fair had dropped!! He said there was absolutly nothing he could do about it and Delta would no longer be issuing vouchers for price drops unless they were more then $100. Just thought you might want to know. . . . .

~E

Oh

Let me tell you what heppened with my flight.

1st off I am going on Triumph 09/18/2004, flying in on the 17th.

Well originally I had booked with United to go from Philly (PHL) to Fort Lauderdale as its was MUCH cheaper than flying intop Miami. I booked these tickets in beginning of June.

Well 2 weeks ago I decided to be nosy and see what the flight would cost now, well to my surprise my flight out of Philly was not on their list. So I had to call United and ask why (thought maybe it was sold out) well it was CANCELED, can you believe that and NOONE ever notified me!! I was furious.

The guy told me they put us on a little earlier flight but with a stop over. There is NO WAY I am going a stopever for a 2 hour flight, and I told him it was unacceptable.!!

he told me I could get a refund if the other flights that day were not good for us. (we are leaving late as my friend is working a full day)

So I looked online here I could book a flight directly into Miami (MIA) for $40.00 cheaper on a different airline.

So I called United and had them issue me a refund. They said it would take 2 week and it has been credited to my cc. (I checked today)

SO to the poster that had your flight changed with a stopover added I would call and complain, say its unacceptable (1st see what other flights are available) and get a refund. It's not YOUR fault they canceled a flight for a schedule change.

You never know unless you call.

Just an FYI, Continental Airlines will not give credit for price reductions either.

Our trip has gone down $40/pp & when I called to ask for a credit voucher, I was told that we would be charged a change fee of $100 per ticket, so obviously I am not getting the credit

Archived