single occupancy price

thulewx

I was just looking over the Seabourn web site and they don't indicate what the prices are for single occupancy of their ships. I don't want to bother my T/A with questions like this so I thought I'd bother y'all ;) .

I'm mainly interested in the cheaper cabins, since almost all cruise lines charge the full 200% for the upper cabins. Interested mainly in the 2005 Transatlantic from Spain to Ft. Laladale...

Thanks!

Phil

If you can book early, Seabourn has some great single deals. Usually a designated suite for single occupancy is 175% of the double rate but for a single guarantee, the rate starts at just 110%. And as most suites are identical it really doesn't matter which one you get. Depending on how popular the cruise is expected to be, they have a few at 110%, then a few more at 125% etc. You won't know for sure which rate is available until you book.

Also bear in mind that singles are made to feel especially welcome on Seabourn with a dinner invitation every night, if you want one, from an officer or cruise director team member.

You're obviously a very experienced cruiser but probably would find Seabourn a new experience.

As you can see from my signature, after 20 years primarily with Cunard, Seabourn is the way for me now.

It seems that booking early gets you a run of the ship cabin for 110%. Since all the cabins are basically the same...its not bad....you should book for your birthday celebration and report back to me.

So now my choices for next year are:

1.Seabourn (7 days)

2.Crystal Symphony (10 days)

3.RSSC Voyager (7 days)

This addiction is bad.....HAL in Feb, the RSSC Diamond in Sept and then one of these in early Dec........hope there is room for me in the poor farm.

Cruiserdan, I agree completely with what you say! I've not sailed Silversea but have heard it is a different atmosphere than Seabourn. We grow to love not only the Guests, but the Staff and Crew as well.......since losing my Mother last year I consider my fellow shipmates my "extended family!"

God Bless Seabourn!

By the way Dan, when do you sail next on "The Yacht's". I've missed you!

MB

Phil

If you can book early, Seabourn has some great single deals. Usually a designated suite for single occupancy is 175% of the double rate but for a single guarantee, the rate starts at just 110%. And as most suites are identical it really doesn't matter which one you get. Depending on how popular the cruise is expected to be, they have a few at 110%, then a few more at 125% etc. You won't know for sure which rate is available until you book.

Norman and Phil, how is the rate for singles calculated - is it based on the brochure per person rate ? the early booking rate ? the Seabourn Signature rate (where there is one) ? Or what ?

Thank you

You take the A category rate and apply the 110% etc to that. Assuming you are booking while the EBS rate applies, you also get the benefit of that as well so you are paying just 110% of the EBS Cat A per person rate. Hope that's clear.

Unfortunately, they don't normally apply the rate to Signature Value fares although they did for a few months last year.

It can be applied to Grand Voyage rates.

I travel solo too. I have a Grand Voyage booked for 2006 and got it at 110% . I am in the middle of a new house and that gives me time to get it finished and furnished and then................... a great Seabourn voyage !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will definitely need it and more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 8 months later...

Seabourn is a great deal for me as my perferred vacation is by myself..

Before I made the switch to Seabourn I almost always went on Celebrity with the 200% single price even for an inside cabin for 7 days I would end up paying $1600 just for the cabin. Add to that a $1000+ bar tab (I like Champagne and Wine) and $150+ in tips. The average price of a week at sea usually was $2700+.

If I book early enough and get the 110% I get a suite for less money than Celebrity..

Such a deal....

:D

Don

Phil~~~I booked the Pride 2007 March Trans/Crossing this week....I was surprised when my TA e-mailed me and said, "it's less expensive than your 2006

fare!" (I book a "run of the ship.")

Thought I'd pass this good news on~~~~

Martita

Phil~~~I booked the Pride 2007 March Trans/Crossing this week....I was surprised when my TA e-mailed me and said, "it's less expensive than your 2006

fare!" (I book a "run of the ship.")

Thought I'd pass this good news on~~~~

Martita

You must have a very good TA. The prices for almost every cruise is going up!

I guess it is proof that the early 2000's theory of book closer to the cruise date will net you a better price is well and truly out the window!

• 2 weeks later...

I am really confused.

I just received a bill for an upcoming cruise and they told me I couldn't combine the club savings rate with a single guarantee.

The strange part to that is I have two other bookings where they did exactly that.

Can anyone help me shed some light on this?

Don

Don

This afternoon Seabourn UK told me they had just received the UKP rates for next year but the figure they gave me for my SC 110% on the Legend in November 2006 obviously did not have the 50% EBS. They have emailed Miami and I expect to have clarification tomorrow. I assumed it was a mistake but what you've said makes me wonder - and worry!

On the other hand, the price they've quoted me for the Pride crossing in March 2007 does seem to have the 50% EBS but they've told me there are no SC 110%s and only 125% and 150% available. They also told me there will be a lot of cruises where there will be no 110% suites at all!

If all this is true, it looks like Seabourn are no longer interested in single travellers and I may be looking for another cruise line sooner than I expected. Loyalty is a two-way street and I hope this isn't a sign of a new management strategy. If it is, then I shall soon be saying farewell to a lot of good friends.

Can you not phone Seabourn in Miami to check their pricing policy? And by the way, it is not a club rate. It is an early booking discount and I can see no possible justification for saying that is forfeited for single guarantee rates.

John

I did look at this but unfortunately for me it coincides with the Passover which means that from 2 to 10 April I would not be able to eat any bread or anything that contains yeast. I am NOT a masochist!

I talked to the Club Desk yesterday.

The scoop is that you can get 110% if available against the EBS rates.

You can not get 110% against the club rate.

What confused me is that I usually book back to back segments so I get the extra 10% off the EBS rate.

I was told by the on board booking gentleman that they always have a few (he didn't say how few) 110% slots for almost every cruise. He did say they tend to go quickly.

I was able to get 110% on all but one of my current bookings and that one is at 125%

DD

Not sure what you mean by a club rate. If you mean the Signature Value savings, then yes very annoyingly sole travellers do not benefit from those. Is there some other club rate I don't know of?

Just heard from Seabourn that there are not going to be many 110% rates available in 2006/7 and there will be many cruises with none at all. Sounds pretty ominous to me as it basically means a 14% increase for sole travellers. I may be OK for 06 but it sounds like the thin end of the wedge to me. It looks like my Seabourn days may be numbered. :(

Archived