Break down of suite perks

sirlostalot

I was wandering if someone could break down the perks for the suites From bottom to top. Having cruised CCL in suites I know they don't have any perks other than embarkation so I thought for my next cruise I would look around and see what others were offering. I searched suites on this board and now I am a little confused, some say you get butler service at AE and higher and some say not till you get owners suite. Is this something that is different for each ship. At this point I haven't even decided on where we would like to go so I can't be specific on which ship I need the info on. Thanks in advance:)

All Suites (penthouse not Mini)

Butler, Conciergre, Expanded room service menu, Express embarkation and disembarkation, priority reservation, Vip Tender passes......

Here is a rough list subject to change

NORWEGIAN JEWEL

>

> A1 GARDEN VILLAS 2

>

> Embarkation

> 1 Bottle of French Champagne

> 1 Floral Arrangement

> 1 Small Tray of Hors D'oeuvres

> 1 Fruit Basket*

> 1 Bottle of Spring Water*

> 1 Bottle of Sparkling Water*

> 3 Bottle of Liquor From Menu

> 6 Sodas *

>

> *Replenished upon consumption

>

> Bath Amenities (L'Occitane)

> Cotton ball & Q-Tip Caddie

> Shampoo

> Conditioner

> Bath Gel

> Moisturizing Lotion

> Milk Facial Soap 1.7 oz (20% Shea butter)

> Verbena Soap 3.5 oz (20% Shea Butter)

> SPF 15 Day Cream 15ml

> Precious cream pot (face)

> Shea Butter in Tin

> Shave Balm Cream 15ml

> Bath salts, presented in container

> Loofah Mitt

> Shower Cap

> Sewing Kit

> Shoe Mitt

>

> Other

> Butler Service

> Concierge Service

> Personalized Stationary

> DVD and CD

> DVD & CD Library

> Bathroom Scale

> Alarm Clock

> Bath Robes (Upgraded Robe)

> Feather Pillows

> Upgraded linen

> Binoculars

> Padded Hangers

> Bar Utensils

> Full Breakfast Menu

> 24 Hour Room Service Menu (Butler Menu)

> Warm face towels, embarkation by Butler

> Glass of Embarkation Champagne by Butler

> Nightly Chef Selection of Turn Down Food Amenity

>

> Complimentary pressing for formal night/shoe shining

>

> Personal Computer with Printer

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> AA- OWNER'S SUITES 4

> Embarkation

> 1 Bottle of French Champagne

> 1 Floral Arrangement

> 1 Fruit Basket*

> 1 Bottle of Spring Water*

> 1 Bottle of Sparkling Water*

> 3 Bottle of Liquor From Menu

> 6 Sodas *

>

> *Replenished upon consumption

>

> Cotton ball & Q-Tip

> Shampoo

> Conditioner

> Bath Gel

> Moisturizing Lotion

> SPF 15 Day Cream 15ml

> Precious cream pot (face)

> Shea Butter in Tin

> Shave Balm Cream 15ml

> Loofah Mitt

> Shower Cap

> Sewing Kit

> Shoe Mitt

>

> Other

> Butler Service

> Concierge Service

> Personalized Stationary

> DVD and CD

> DVD & CD Library

> Bathroom Scale

> Alarm Clock

> Feather Pillows

> Upgraded linen

> Binoculars

> Padded Hangers

> Complimentary pressing for Formal Night/shoe polishing

>

> Full Breakfast Menu

> 24 Hour Room Service Menu (Butler Menu)

> Warm face towels, embarkation by Butler

> Glass of Embarkation Champagne by Butler

> Nightly Chef Selection of Turn Down Food Amenity

>

> Personal Computer with Printer

> In Suite Dining

>

> A3-AE COURTYARD VILLAS/PENTHOUSE 38

>

> Embarkation

> 1 Bottle of Domestic Champagne

> 1 Floral Arrangement

> 1 Fruit Basket*

> 1 Bottle of Spring Water

>

>

>

> Cotton ball & Q-Tip

> Shampoo

> Conditioner

> Bath Gel

> Moisturizing Lotion

> Loofah Mitt

> Shower Cap

> Sewing Kit

> Shoe Shine Mitt

>

>

>

>

> Other

> Butler Service

> Concierge Service

> DVD & CD Player

> DVD & CD Library

> Alarm Clock

> Bathroom Scale

> Feather Pillows

> Upgraded linen

> 24 hr Room Service (Suite menu)

> Full Breakfast Menu

> Turn Down Food Amenity-Formal Night

> In-Suite Dining

Thank you for that, you used the Jewel for reference are all ships like that. The reason I am asking, I was looking at the Sun and the AE cabin there was listed as a mini-suite not a penthouse suite but on a couple of other ships it was a penthouse.

The list holds for the most part on the F2 ships Star, Dawn, Jewel, Pearl. The Sun is different and the AE is a mini suite. AD is the lowest level penthouse. Since there as not as many suites on the Sun you do get some perks not given to those on the F2 ships will lots more mini suites and suites. No butler but you do get VIP embarkation and disembarkation. Free Liquor in the AA, AB and I think the AC.

Shoreguy, was this a recent list or something you had archived? We received 6 bottles of liquor in the garden villa on a 7 day Jewel cruise 11-2006.

Old list, not totally accurate, from before the Jewel sailed and I saved it for a quick reply to this comman question. I should clean it up but too lazy - 6 bottles is the case for the GV, three in the AA

Old list, not totally accurate, from before the Jewel sailed and I saved it for a quick reply to this comman question. I should clean it up but too lazy - 6 bottles is the case for the GV, three in the AA

6 bottles was a lot for 7 days though....lol,

In myexperience in an AA the list shore guy mentioned was not at all my experience.

We did get expanded menu but it was usually cold.Two days breakfast did not arrive at all.

The one occasion we had an evening meal served in our room, It was not served course by course, there were no table linens.

We only had the nightly snack one night out of 7nights.

Waited 3 days for the robes to arrive

No glass of champagne at ebarkation.

Drinks were not replenished as consumed.

Room service by butler did not happen - on the one day I called for lunch I was told to grab a burger from the pool area buffet as they were busy getting ready for dinner.

I did complain and received compensation propmtly but I would have prefered my vacation to have been right as it was our 25th wedding anniversary trip and I had wanted everything to be special.

Hope you have a better experience than we did. Kudos to customer service for treating our complaint with speed however the damage was done and we can never forget how poorly we were treated especially when we had paid so much for the trip.

Woodley:

I see from your signature that you were on the PofA - an NCLA ship. As you may have been reading from these boards, there appears to be significant differences in the two cruising products. Sadly, many experience less than stellar service on the 3 NCLA flagged ships.

The majority of cruisers on the NCL ships report overwhelmingly positive experiences with their suites. I wonder if the differences in the two cruise products (NCL vs NCLA) account for this?

Sorry that your NCLA experience wasn't what you hoped it would be.....

I am sure you are right. I have been on two ncl cruises previously and the service although only in an ocean view was excellent. I know they keep telling us they are two totally different entities. If I were running NCL I would not want NCLA to be associated with my business as in my opinion NCLA is dragging NCL down. I will cruise NCL again but never NCLA.

Thank you for that, you used the Jewel for reference are all ships like that. The reason I am asking, I was looking at the Sun and the AE cabin there was listed as a mini-suite not a penthouse suite but on a couple of other ships it was a penthouse.

On some ships, AE is the first level of Penthouse suites (first level eligible for full suite benefits); on other ships (such as the Sun), AE is a mini-suite, which is the equivalent of AF/AG on ships such as Jewel). (Edited: Oops, should read all posts first. I see that shoreguy already answered this.)

Also, the full suite benefits as applied are not absolutely consistent from ship to ship. In general, they are the same, but the specifics differ by ship (who knows, maybe even by who's in charge that week).

beachchick

I am sure you are right. I have been on two ncl cruises previously and the service although only in an ocean view was excellent. I know they keep telling us they are two totally different entities. If I were running NCL I would not want NCLA to be associated with my business as in my opinion NCLA is dragging NCL down. I will cruise NCL again but never NCLA.

What a disappointment for you. There's no excuse for not providing the perks and amenities promised or for poor service. I'm sorry that happened, and on such a special cruise for you too.

I have to chime in though that our experience on PoH could not have been more different--and we weren't even in an A1, A2, or AA, but a "lowly" A4. We had every perk listed--and then some. Cushy robes, bottle of chilled bubbly in our suite, spa quality toiletries replenished regularly, little goodies every evening, etc. Our butler was fabulous. True, no glass of champagne on embarkation, but instead we were directed to the Concierge Lounge (Star Bar at night) for complimentary cocktails for a few hours, plus there was the lovely bottle of decent quality bubbly waiting for us in our suite.

I hope you had a lovely time in spite of the problems.

beachchick

A SCALE??!! Yikes!

Do I really need a scale when I'm on vacation? :D

Is there really a computer in the owner's suite on the Spirit? Can we get internet access?

:D No kidding, huh? Do I want to be reminded that I had dessert every night plus an extra cocktail or two? Let me tell you--that scale never budged from under the counter. That is until the last day when my DH pulled it and discovered he had lost weight--the rat!;)

beachchick

Archived