Losing Paperwork

dakrewser

THe thread on "lost" credit coupons reminded me that on our last HAL cruise (Volendam last fall) we took advantage of the unlimited laundry deal offered by going to the purser on the first day and signing for it. I was then very surprised when the statement I got the night before disembarkation contained a per item tally of the cleaning - a whole lot more than the pkg I thought I bought! Fortunately I still had my copy of the charge ticket or we would have been liable for a couple of hundred dollars more than I thought we had spent!

Is "losing" paperwork becoming more common?

I don't know how the pre-paid packages work, but I've seen both (free) laundry and internet charges listed on my statement with a corresponding credit at the end of the bill. It's just their way of accounting for the value of the perks being given. I was disturbed at first seeing the charges until I got to the end and saw the negative entry.

Keep records of EVERTHING that requires money.;) I love spending money for our enjoyment, but I know for sure where every penny is going and for what. I DO NOT depend on the ships front desh. I look over my bill when I go to sign VERY carefully.

We often enjoy a bottle of champagne with a bite to eat at about four o'clock.:) I signed for a bottle that should have been sixty-nine. Was down for one sixty-nine.:eek: I now do the following --$-69.00USD--l.s. when ever I do a bill.

If this does not make someone happy, so be it. Does me and I DO NOT have problems. Leslie has learned.:p

I don't know how the pre-paid packages work, but I've seen both (free) laundry and internet charges listed on my statement with a corresponding credit at the end of the bill.

I'm used to that, also, but when the credit doesn't appear, well, I do get a mite testy...;)

Archived