Jewel 1/28-2/4

tennispretzel

I just spent an hour writing a review this morning and then read two other reviews and realized I left out so many important things!

One was that they did allow Self-Disembarkation on 2/4 in Miami and it was so easy to do and we would never have a problem doing it again. We were at the airport by 8:30am.

The other thing was about the staterooms. We had a balcony mini-suite on the 11th deck. There is amazing storage...we didn't even use it all and we always overpack so certainly had full suitcases. Trying to get over that bad habit! Anyway, there are many drawers, there is a lighted closet and there is room for the suitcases under the bed. The door was a slider so we didn't need the bungee cord we've used on other cruiselines balc doors. The temperature of the cabin was easily controlled.

We felt the bed was comfortable but the pillows were like rocks. We asked for softer ones and our steward obliged, although they were not much better. His towel animals were wonderful and the two gentlemen kept the bathroom clean and the towels changed twice a day. The bathroom was a good size and it was nice to have a tub. We had coffee on the balcony twice and felt the morning room service was very punctual. They call first to make sure you are available(i.e.?dressed, awake?).

The location of the cabin was terrific for access to Tsar's DR or the aft and midship elevators, pool, buffet. If you are a light sleeper, beware of noises from the kitchen overhead! I started hearing rolling carts around 5:30 am.

I just spent an hour writing a review this morning and then read two other reviews and realized I left out so many important things!

One was that they did allow Self-Disembarkation on 2/4 in Miami and it was so easy to do and we would never have a problem doing it again. We were at the airport by 8:30am.

The other thing was about the staterooms. We had a balcony mini-suite on the 11th deck. There is amazing storage...we didn't even use it all and we always overpack so certainly had full suitcases. Trying to get over that bad habit! Anyway, there are many drawers, there is a lighted closet and there is room for the suitcases under the bed. The door was a slider so we didn't need the bungee cord we've used on other cruiselines balc doors. The temperature of the cabin was easily controlled.

We felt the bed was comfortable but the pillows were like rocks. We asked for softer ones and our steward obliged, although they were not much better. His towel animals were wonderful and the two gentlemen kept the bathroom clean and the towels changed twice a day. The bathroom was a good size and it was nice to have a tub. We had coffee on the balcony twice and felt the morning room service was very punctual. They call first to make sure you are available(i.e.?dressed, awake?).

The location of the cabin was terrific for access to Tsar's DR or the aft and midship elevators, pool, buffet. If you are a light sleeper, beware of noises from the kitchen overhead! I started hearing rolling carts around 5:30 am.

I love the calling first; that was one thing room service didn't do on HAL. They were prompt, friendly and the breakfasts were great, but we felt we had to always be awake at least 1/2 before the time we had asked for breakfast to make sure we were decent and ready to have it delivered. NMNita

Archived