What do they have that you wish RCCL had?

flagger

I saw this posted on another forum. What do the other cruiselines offer that you wish were available on RCCL?

For me it would be laundry facilities on those ships with 7+ day itineraries. I am fine sending out overclothes to be laundered by the ship, I am just comfortable with someone else handling my underclothes, bras and panties and the like. And yes a good pair of silk panties can just make your day. :D

Self laundry service, INCLUING IRONS, (that auto shut off).

24 hour food court.

Ability to purchase bottles of alcohol (legally) for in cabin use.

A better future cruise program, like Princess.

Instead of cruise credits for # of cruises, there should be # of days at sea credits. And paid catagory of cabin should factor in as well.

1. Anytime/Personal Choice Dining (as an option). It works well on Princess.

2. Hard-wired computer jacks (for internet access) in all staterooms. It wouldn't be that hard to do, since phone and television jacks are already there.

3. Free internet access (either through #2 above, internet cafe, or wireless), for C&A platinum and above, as well as for suites, etc.

Other than that, I'm good with RCCL!

Norwegian Pearl has the bowling alley. Norwegian Gem will have it also. You have to pay extra to use it though.

Having been a climer, (much younger) and an ice skater (also much younger) those things are sort of fun to think about doing again. But I can go bowling anytime around here. That wouldn't do it for me. In fact the last time I went to do a "toe loop" jump on the ice, (taking the niece for lessons), I about cracked my head open. LOL (Note to self- Watch the skater's and clap, do not try this at home.)

I'm all about the relaxation now. Although, I do work out and walk daily. Am I ready for Celebrity before I even get on the Explorer?

They don't have waffles?:confused:

rsscaptain, My last few cruises have been on Celebrity, where the fresh waffles are absolutely wonderful! Since Celebrity and Royal Caribbean share a parent company, I was suprised to find that fresh waffles are not part of the breakfast fare on Royal Caribbean ships. Not having them certainly won't ruin my upcoming cruise experience on Legend of the Seas, but I will admit that I was just a bit disappointed that I would not be able to have my favorite morning indulgence for breakfast! (Those frozen things can't even begin to compare.) The upside will be that maybe I won't come home five pounds heavier this time! LOL! :D I am still looking foward to my first RCL voyage!:)

Norwegian Pearl has the bowling alley. Norwegian Gem will have it also. You have to pay extra to use it though.

nickel and dime me some more why dontcha! :mad:

Oh well...

I vote for afternoon tea too - GREAT idea! How wonderful would that be, especially on a relaxing sea day.

MUTS ---- Although I would prefer it if possible in another location,not at the pool...It would be ok by the pool at night...But I am thinking by the day...not so much...

Also from Princess----That scruptous looking crab and seafood buffet I hear so much about.My one dissapointment in cruising in general is the lack of seafood..

I'd like to have room service available on disembarkation day, and to be able to stay in my stateroom until they call me. Although they do provide a lounge for Platinum & up, I just hate the "thank you for coming, now GET OUT" experience!

I would trade some of my C&A coupons for free Internet & laundry, too.

self service laundry for me, just love those long cruises, but hate packing for them, if not self service, at least some coupons for the laundry sent out, would be great.

I love everything else about Royal Caribbean

MUTS ---- Although I would prefer it if possible in another location,not at the pool...It would be ok by the pool at night...But I am thinking by the day...not so much...

Also from Princess----That scruptous looking crab and seafood buffet I hear so much about.My one dissapointment in cruising in general is the lack of seafood..

On our last Princess cruise, in Horizon Court, we had shrimp everynight. Fried, boiled, shrimp cabobs, shrimp salad etc. Delicious! Also one night in the dining room all the snow crabs you could eat. Also, I remember seeing oysters on the half shell one night in Horizon Court. I was hoping for the same on RCI when we cruise in April. But doesn't sound like it.

Also, prefer to wash my own undies, so I wish they would have self service laundry also.

Archived