Semi-Formal Still on Ryndam?

mrmac

Holland America does not use that nomenclature for any night aboard ship.

The current code is:

Casual

Informal

Formal

The change to Smart Casual and Formal isn't scheduled to go into effect until May.

My documentation for my 10 day cruise on the Ryndam, set to sail on March 13, 2007 (the cruise after yours), reads :

5 nights Casual

2 nights Informal

3 nights Formal

Check your documentation for details on this. They should read the same as mine.

"My documentation for my 10 day cruise on the Ryndam, set to sail on March 13, 2007"

Revneal, since you haven't cruised yet you don't know what is actually happening on the ship. I read where another HAL ship has already dropped the semi-formal (much better term) nights. That's why I asked for recent cruisers to comment. Any recent Ryndam cruisers out there? Thank you.

Revneal, since you haven't cruised yet you don't know what is actually happening on the ship. I read where another HAL ship has already dropped the semi-formal (much better term) nights. That's why I asked for recent cruisers to comment. Any recent Ryndam cruisers out there? Thank you.

My word ... snippy tonight, aren't we? :rolleyes: I beg your pardon for trying to help you out a bit with the correct HAL nomenclature for INFORMAL night. Nevertheless my advice is still valid, so I shall repeat it.

It is always wise to pay attention to what your documentation actually says.

It may be wrong ... It may be right ... but if you pack according to what it stipulates you will not be sorry no matter what happens on your cruise.

I hope a recent or current Ryndam passenger gives a report here. Regardless of what that report may be, however, it still shouldn't change the fact that it is SMARTER for you to pay attention to your documentation and pack accordingly.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got off the Ryndam 30-day yesterday. We had 6 formal, 5 informal and the rest were casual. Lots of empty seats on the later formal nights. I was on 6:15 seating. It was a great cruise. I am knee deep in laundry, don't know when I will get around to posting something long.

Archived