Lanyard

czardas

Hi, I have noticed that a few people keep mentioning to take a lanyard for your cruise card. I am a little confused here as when we went on our last cruise we were offered a lanyard when we were issued our card.

So can someone tell me why we need to take our own now? Don't they have them anymore? If they still do provide them how much are they now?

You have to pay for them now. I'm not sure how much but I have a drawer full at home from various conferences that I've attended so it seemed smart to take one rather than pay for one. Plus you stand out from the the crowd if you have one that doesn't advertise "P&O" :)

Ask your travel agent. We got ours for free from them otherwise take any lanyard you've got at home. You can even buy them at the $2 shop. On our last cruise the quality of the P&O lanyards was pretty poor with lots of people complaining that there lanyard broke after a few days.

Another thing I recommend for your lanyard is a "whizzer"/"zinger" who knows what they are called. The little retractable clips that a lot of offices have for their work passes. It is good for attaching your room key on and then you can unlock your door without taking off the lanyard or strangling yourself.

I have found that the best way to carry my ship card around was to make a hole in it and then attach it to a little clip on that I could clip on to my pants. I always have a top that overhangs my pants. That way I didnt lose my card, it was always secure somewhere onto some of my clothes and no one can see where I securely have hidden it.

I personally dont like the lynard it does look silly when you see someone walking around with it around there neck and it seems its always in the way.

next time I will again do the little clip on set up I use the same clip on at the gym for my gym key here at home. I too are afraid I will lose my ship card I need it to be secure somewhere. I have also secured it on the inside of one of the pockets of my pants with this clip on.

I personally dont like the lynard it does look silly when you see someone walking around with it around there neck and it seems its always in the way.

Funny you should say that. Before we went on our cruise and everyone on these boards were talking about them I thought to myself "there's no way I'm walking around in public with one of those things round my neck" but once on board and seeing EVERYONE wearing them, I thought nothing of it. I wore mine around my neck during the day but at night when dressed up I had it in my handbag.

Karen

I have found that the best way to carry my ship card around was to make a hole in it and then attach it to a little clip on that I could clip on to my pants.

When going on the Star, they give you the cruise cards with holes already punched in them ready to go on the lanyard

ok now I'm confused.......... do they punch a hole in the card for Pacific Sun??? or do I have to gnaw at it with my teeth :D

Hi cruiser,

they will punch a hole in it for you. if it's not already done, take it to reception.

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

When you buy it they will punch a hole in it and attach your card for you .

Hi icemaiden.

when you buy your lanyard ,it has two parts,

the smaller part has a thread, that you push through your cruisecard, then back through itself.

then click the two pieces together to wear around your neck. sooo easy.

it is so much easier to click on and off than digging into pockets or bags .

the staff usually just click a hole in the card, but I am sure if you had trouble they would help.

kindest regards, Lorraine:) :)

Another thing I recommend for your lanyard is a "whizzer"/"zinger" who knows what they are called. The little retractable clips that a lot of offices have for their work passes. It is good for attaching your room key on and then you can unlock your door without taking off the lanyard or strangling yourself.

I used my, 'whizzer/zinger' from work and thought it a better option than a strangling device around my neck....it also doesn't detract from any designer outfit you may be in!;)

Cheers

Hi ADF, you don't have to take the lanyard off. you just unclip the bottom part. the rest stays around your neck.

kindest regards, Lorraine:) :)

When our cruise ended and we were on our way up the F3 freeway to the Hunter Valley, everyone on our shuttle bus was still wearing their lanyards. :D

Then we got home and that was when I knew the cruise was over........ I took my lanyard off.

Back to reality.

This time I am taking one from home. We climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge last August and I bought one of their lanyards. I'm going to wear that one. :)

Jenny

>^..^<

Then we got home and that was when I knew the cruise was over........ I took my lanyard off.

Back to reality.

I was still carrying mine and my cruise card every where with me for the next few days. I grabbed it when i woke up in the morning and even took it into the city. I had just gotten so used to taking it with me at all times on the ship :rolleyes:

We use the lanyards given by Qantas in the little plane packs. Then you will be recognised by fellow Aussies on the Princess ships (if you want to be!!) As the Princess ships are 90% American pax from my experience.

Yes the lanyards, you feel naked without them. :rolleyes: As had been said you cannot get out of the habit of wearing them, even when you get home.:cool:

Archived