Mobile Port and the Holiday

needsomesun

We have sailed on the Holiday twice - once out of New Orleans and then, two years later, out of Mobile. We had a great time, and I would do the Holiday again, but I keep wishing that they would base a slightly larger, newer ship at either New Orleans or Mobile. I've heard talk of this happening before. Anybody hear any good (reliable) rumors on this lately.

The Triumph will be sailing out of NOA starting in Sept. 07. The port of Mobile is safer and the Mayor is pushing hard to get another cruise ship for us. Another parking deck is already planned. Heard a "rumor" from an employee on the Holiday that it may be sold as soon as this summer, but is still on the website through 08. Just got back from sailing on the Holiday, it's in great shape ! !

How is the movement and the vibrations on the Holiday? It's size makes me a litte nervous.

I sailed on the Victory out of Miami last May and loved it. Now my parents are thinking about going on their first cruise. I would love it if Mobile got a bigger boat. I saw the Norwegian ship the other day that is in dry dock and if they can get that in here, then atleast we know they can sail a larger boat out of Port of Mobile.

With Carnival's announcement of a partnership with Iberojet where Carnival would be sending over 2 of it's oldest ships. I would think that Mobile would be getting a larger ship. I truly hope so I would love to cruise out of Mobile again but not on Holiday

With Carnival's announcement of a partnership with Iberojet where Carnival would be sending over 2 of it's oldest ships. I would think that Mobile would be getting a larger ship. I truly hope so I would love to cruise out of Mobile again but not on Holiday

The Holiday does have some vibrations, more pronounced in the rear. I have sailed on her six times and did not find it to be a problem. I enjoy the smaller ships over the larger ones because the crews are more friendlier and less stressed. It is also easier to get off the ship in tendered ports because of it having less passengers to unload.

The Triumph will be coming to New Orleans Aug 28th for a one-time 5-day cruise. On Sept 2nd, it will start its alternating 7 day schedule. One week is Progreso, Costa Maya and Cozumel and then the other week is Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios.

The Norwegian Spirit is also coming to New Orleans Nov 18th. It will be taking over the Norwegian Sun's route. The Sun is going to Miami.

Dave

Archived