I am getting mad at Royal Caribbean

They keep calling my home address even though I have told them stop 3 times. Anyone got an email address of someone high up who can help me get Royal Caribbean off my back? They keep waking up my toddler when they call. Each time I called them I have told them not to call my home number and that I wasn’t going to travel on their boat this trip. One more call and I am going to turn in my Crown and Anchor card. Just e-mail me their e-mail address at redneck_dan@hotmail.com

That's very interesting. I have been on about 15 RCCL cruises, and I have never, ever gotten a phone call from them. Wonder why you are getting them?

Now, I am not complaining.........I seem to get phone calls from every other telemarketer on the planet! :cool: And, always at dinnertime!

We are getting about two calls a day from carnival. I have been on 1 Carnival cruise and have not asked for any information from them. They keep calling and leaving messages that they have my info ready to discuss.

I have never been called by RCCL.

We are getting about two calls a day from carnival. I have been on 1 Carnival cruise and have not asked for any information from them. They keep calling and leaving messages that they have my info ready to discuss.

I have never been called by RCCL.

We got the calls from Carnival, wanting us to book. When I told them, if I did book with Carnival, it would be through the agent we have used, they hung up and no more calls.

I'm not getting them from the cruiselines, I'm getting them from MCI! Geesh, after telling 6 different people 6 different times that they need to call in the evening, you'd think they would get it. I really don't care WHAT new service they're offering. All this in less than two weeks time! :rolleyes:

Hstrybuff,

Since your a fellow kansan & they called me daily for 2 weeks I thought I would be neighborly & give them your number.....LOL ......okay okay, just kidding. But, betcha you wouldn't of minded if I won the lottery & they would of called you to split it with me

I haven't had that problem, either, but if you tell them that you are giving them legal notice that they are to immediately desist from calling you and that if they continue you will file harrassment charges, most companies will take you right off their call list.

They keep calling my home address

Just curious how does one "Call" a home address...

Sorry couldn't resist... I to have sailed many times and they never call me... It must be a conspiracy against redneck_dan. The only time they ever call me is when I book a cruise online and the option date expires, they call to see if they can rebook another one or hold that one for me again.

If it persists you can take legal action you know.

I hae neer been called by a cruise line either--I wonder if it is actually RCCL or someone else trying to sell you a cruise. In any case--the phrase "Please put me on your do not call list" should do the trick.

Linda/Ohioo

PS Hi Liberty Belle--any new cruises in the planning? I am planning a group cruise on the Enchantment for 2005. I hope she is in good shape. This is before the drydock plans for her in May-July.

Have you ever tried "call blocker?" Most phone companies offer it. It's a good way to get rid of unwanted callers. You can usually block up to 10 numbers. The last number called ( even if you don't know what it is ) can be put on the list.:) The caller will hear a recorded message saying that you are not accepting calls. And your phone won't even ring. Just look in your local telephone book and there should be instructions on how to use "call blocker." :D

I have a nice little gizmo called telezapper. It attaches very easily to you phone cord and emits the first tone of the phone companies 3 tone disconnected line tones when you pick up your phone. People who call barely notice it but computers pick it up as a bad phone # or a phone # that is no longer in service. The telemarketers computer automatically drops the call and removes your # from their list.

This, combined with putting ourselves on the KS do not call list has all but eliminated telemarketer phone calls. The ones that do get through are the telemarketers that still hand dial every #.

For the record, RCI has never called me. It almost sounds like you # is on some telemarketers list and they're using RCI's name for credablility.

Have you all not heard of the national Do Not Call list? www.donotcall.gov Go to that address and put your phone number on it and you will no get calls from telemarkerters.
The do not call list does not apply to someone you have any established business relationship with. e.g. RCI if you've been on one of their cruises, MCI if you have them for phone service.

The last time they called me, I told them I had a cruise booked and then asked them to help me get upgraded to a better cabin, change my dining times, inquired if there were going to be robes in my cabin on arrival and a few other things. I've never heard back from them.:rolleyes:

Linda

The full story is as follows:

My wife and I had decided to book a cruise with Royal Caribbean so I did a 24 hour hold on a cabin. By the next day, we had changed our mind to Carnival because Camp Carnival allows 2 year olds and Adventure Ocean only goes down to 3. Our daughter will be 2 on the cruise. We had the home number in our profile so that it was Royal Caribbean called. I return the Royal Caribbean rep's call. I told his voice mail my name, telephone number, and that we choose Carnival for this cruise. I also told him don't can me again.

About a week later they called again. I once again left a message with the same cruise rep to not call me at my home phone number under any circumstance. If give him my work number is he had to get a hold of me. I also told him once again that I had chose Carnival for this cruise because Camp Carnival allows 2 year olds.

Yesterday, he called at home a third time. I called again and told them do not call me back under any circumstance.

If there is a fourth time, I will turn in my Crown and Anchor card. The worse thing they can do is make my wife mad. Men eventually forgive and forget, but women never forget. She is the one that has to put the crying 18 month old back to sleep because they have a knack of calling at nap time.

To answer you question about the No Call list: We are on both the state and federal list.

To answer you question about call block: We have it, but it doesn’t work on out of state numbers.

If you get a phone call like that begin to cry and tell them the person that they are calling for just passed away. Both my father and i havent gotten a telemarketer phone call in years due to that trick.

No kidding about a woman never forgetting. There are restaurants we still don't go to because someone there ticked my wife off several years ago. Don't even ask my wife to stay at a Westgate resort. A TS salesman there ticked her off so bad she still lashes out if anyone even mentions the name Westgate and that was 6 years ago.

RCI has called me twice in the last few months. Once to confirm that I recieved the brouchure I ordered, and once to ask if I was interested in booking a cruise with them. I told them I had just booked through our TA on the Rhapsody. She said thank you and I hope you enjoy your cruise. She couldn't have been any nicer. Haven't heard anything since. :)

If you are having trouble with calls during the toddlers nap maybe just turn the ringer off on the phone. Thats what I do when I take my Sunday afternoon naps. I have a phone that is also an answering machine, I just let people leave a message and I call them back when my nap is over:)

We women do tend to remember things longer than men do.... maybe that is why we can remember birthdays, anniversary dates, etc......and men tend to forget those :D

In my life I have only boycotted one establishment. From 1989 - 2000 I refused to go to a 7-Eleven. The reason was because a 7-Eleven turned me into the police. They said I went to their establishment at 2 AM and didn’t pay for gas. I did go to that 7-Eleven that day. I was around 8 PM after fishing for catfish. I went inside after I pumped and paid for gas and a Big Gulp. I went to the police station and gave my case. My guess is that the clerk filled his own damn tank and accused me of stealing to cover his theft. Either that or someone else did a pump and rob and he didn't get a plate number at that time.

The cops tried to get me to confess to it. I wasn’t going to confess to something I didn’t do. I basically gave them the facts: 1) I was a college student at the time. It was a week night and I never stayed up that late on a week night. 2) The only reason I would be in the general vicinity of that 7-Eleven was when I went fishing. I had no friends in that area. The place where I went fishing was during daylight hours only. I don’t live in Alaska. In Texas it is never daylight at 2 AM. 3) My mom was with me and vouched that I was never out at 2 AM on a week night. The cops then accused my mom of trying to cover for me. I was extremely angry after leaving the police station.

I didn’t hear back from the cops or 7-Eleven afterward. Now a female would probably have a lifetime boycott. I finally decided to end a total boycott in 2000. Now, my boycott is only that one particular 7-Eleven.

The sad thing was that the fish were not biting that day either.

Archived