I am getting mad at Royal Caribbean

What has happened, is that your "RCCL" profile on their website, shows a checkmark where you are allowing phone calls. Pull up your profile, and read it carefully. Somewhere in there, you can ask not to be called at home. They do this as a courtesy, since you did put a 24-hour hold on a cabin. It was simply a follow-up call. I'm sure you can stop the calls. Good luck!

Dan, I'm sure that they didn't just pick your name and number out of a hat and decided, lets drive this guy nuts. Like posted above, your phone number is in their data bank and your profile probably states that you will accept calls. That's the only way they can legally do it if you are on a no-call list. If you aren't, you really ought to consider getting on it.

Stretch

This is why I ALWAYS give my PC's modem line number on forms that ask for a phone number (even with broard band, I keep the line in case...). I figure, they've got my mailing address, and, usualy, a working email address, so if they realy need to get me for a valid reason, they can.

The next time they call, or any telemarkter, say"

"Oh, thank you very much for calling, would you please put me on your Do Not Call list?"

Once you ask to be put on their Do Not Call list the call is over, they will read off something with a phone number and you should not hear from them again.

I never have a problem with any telemarketers - I have an answering machine and screen calls. Drives my wife nuts - she can't do it and therefore she deals with telemarketers. It's just one of my personal peeves - the phone is for my convenience - not someone else's. I decide to answer it only after I know who's on the other end and sometimes not even then...

Ben

They keep calling my home address even though I have told them stop 3 times. Anyone got an email address of someone high up who can help me get Royal Caribbean off my back? They keep waking up my toddler when they call. Each time I called them I have told them not to call my home number and that I wasn’t going to travel on their boat this trip. One more call and I am going to turn in my Crown and Anchor card. Just e-mail me their e-mail address at redneck_dan@hotmail.com

Hey..Yall are gonna LOVE the Elation!! We just got off this Sunday July 18-25,04!!It was SO MUCH FUN!! it was my 3rd Carnival cruise!!I have been on one Royal Caribbean cruise a along time ago..and it was ok..but not tuned in for Family!!So if you have a family Carnival is the way to go!!

You're right, Dan, women NEVER forgive.

My son at age 18 was a BIG problem for us, graduated, got offered to travel with a baseball team for the summer, and we gave him an airline ticket for graduation...... :D

I also gave him my MCI calling card number to use for calls HOME and to his GIRLFRIEND ONLY. Well, the dear boy ran up about $1,000 in phone calls, lied tremendously about NOT doing that, and MCI never gave a heads-up for the whole 3 months these calls were being racked up. Our usual long distance bill was about $6 a month. Other carriers let you know if suspicious activity shows up, and AT&T once credited (get this) $3,000 in fraudulent calls on a calling card that was stolen!!! Three full billing periods to get it all off.

I will never, never, never do business with MCI again.

I agree about the "we're dead" reply. My youngest son at age 19 and in college told me if any representative of the armed forces called for him, I was to tell them he died!! They were following him into work from the parking lot, and he was NOT happy!

If RCI calls again, get the name of the caller, their supervisor's name, tell them you will report THEM if ANYBODY calls you again.

Good luck!!

In my life I have only boycotted one establishment. From 1989 - 2000 I refused to go to a 7-Eleven.

Thanks for the story.

I'm like that. I have never gone into a K-Mart store since 1982 because they made fun of my wife's driver's license and refused to accept her check. I threw everything back on their counter, tore up the check and said, "We'll never shop in K-Mart again".

I have no plans to end my embargo but it seems like K-mart is bankrupt now.

I like to think they went bankrupt because of their rudeness to me and my wife !!!

. . ."We'll never shop in K-Mart again".

I have no plans to end my embargo but it seems like K-mart is bankrupt now.

I like to think they went bankrupt because of their rudeness to me and my wife !!!

AND TO ME!! I tried to return something WITH a receipt and the 16-year old didn't know how to credit it back to my credit card - insisted she was going to give me a gift card . . . nope, we went round and round, called the mgr, yelled at him, got my $$ back on the card and made the little girl cry (ok, so it wasn't nice, but if she didn't know how to do the job, she shouldn't have been there).

Point being, that was 3 years ago and I haven't stepped foot in a K-mart again - yuk!

I agree about the "we're dead" reply. My youngest son at age 19 and in college told me if any representative of the armed forces called for him, I was to tell them he died!!
Reminds me of a story.

When my grandfather was young, he lived with his grandparents. His grandfather died and one day there was a phone call asking for him. When my grandfather told the lady that his grandfather was dead, the nice lady said "oh, then don't wake him just for me." She thought my grandfather had said "he's in the bed." :D

I have boycotted Bank of America since 1971. I used to go in the same bank everyday with the deposit from the place I worked. I had accounts at BofA, but a different branch. When I tried to cash my paycheck at the one I frequented daily, they wouldn't cash it. I closed my accounts the next day (at MY branch) and refuse to do business with them. If I know that a car dealership I am buying from finances through them, or when I bought my house the same thing, I get my loan elsewhere.

Women NEVER forget......they might forgive, but they never forget.

emilygrace,

Your quote, " Women NEVER forget......they might forgive, but they never forget" made me laugh. :D You are exactly right---just ask my ex-husband!! (but not all forgive, either!!) :eek:

Archived