What's your favorite lunch item on the ship?

MamaParrotHead

I can't believe nobody mentioned the Roast beef and Brie. I ordered it by accident, from the deli, and I love it. The next day I ordered the Rueban because everyone talks about it, so much - and I just was not excited about it the way I was that Roast beef and brie. fyi: You do have to request the brie on the roast beef, it's not automatic, but it is automatic on the room service menu.

I have a question...... Can you get a the free Specialty Coffee's/Cappucinos free in the Dining Room after Breakfast and Lunch too, or is this just a dinner treat?

Yes. I just mentioned that on another thread this morning.:) I have all three meals in the dining room. I have espresso with breakfast, a cappuccino after lunch, and a double espresso after dinner w/dessert. No charge.

I can't believe nobody mentioned the Roast beef and Brie. I ordered it by accident, from the deli, and I love it. The next day I ordered the Rueban because everyone talks about it, so much - and I just was not excited about it the way I was that Roast beef and brie. fyi: You do have to request the brie on the roast beef, it's not automatic, but it is automatic on the room service menu.

I agree. The roast beef and brie on baguette is very, very good. I haven't gotten it from the deli, but I always have it from room service at least a coupla times on each cruise.:) Whenever someone asks about room service items, I always tell them to order that, as well as the fresh veggies and bleu cheese dip.

On my first/last cruise on the Conquest, I never ate the buffet or dining room food for lunch; I was addicted to PC Woks, Pauls Deli, the pizza place, and Sur Mer's.

However, reading this thread is getting me hungry...look at all this great food I've been missing!!

Where should I try first: dining room or buffet for lunch? I assume they offer different things on different days?

I was informed via email of 2 recent posts, and now they're not even showing up on this thread. SERIOUSLY. "Fatal errors", "you do not have access to this board" crap aside, this "boards under construction" business is getting old, and it doesn't appear to me that they're making any progress.:mad:

[quote name='Guienevere_Arianette']On my first/last cruise on the Conquest, I never ate the buffet or dining room food for lunch; I was addicted to PC Woks, Pauls Deli, the pizza place, and Sur Mer's.

However, reading this thread is getting me hungry...look at all this great food I've been missing!!

Where should I try first: dining room or buffet for lunch? I assume they offer different things on different days?[/quote]

On what your day looks like. After breakfast (which I plan on trying in the dining room, when I can), my day pretty much consists of basking and baking on Deck 10 aft. Therefore, making an effort to hit the dining room is asking WAY too much, LOL. The menus DO look tempting, and I may have to make an exception for "rib" day, LOL. I'd much prefer the grill over the buffet...although i may go in to grab some fruit or something. But between the grill and the pizza and soft serve, my lunch on sea days is COVERED. LOL :D

[quote name='MamaParrotHead']I was informed via email of 2 recent posts, and now they're not even showing up on this thread. SERIOUSLY. "Fatal errors", "you do not have access to this board" crap aside, this "boards under construction" business is getting old, and it doesn't appear to me that they're making any progress.:mad:[/quote]

I've never seen any of that on the menu! :eek:

I usually am basking in the sun on sea days and run to the salad bar to get a salad. I get so tired of the chair hogs that I am not going to be one of them. My DH stays at our seats and we take turns getting our food. i even ate my salad while laying out. Sorry about my soap box - that's another board.

back to the question. I usually have a few "boat drinks" and am not too hungry after a late breakfast. I never want to ruin my appetite for dinner. So the salads are great. On the Spirit a few weeks ago I saw the biggest hot dogs ever. Always was going to have one but never did. The fries were pretty good. They always seemed to be out of them. People loved them- They would come up and fill a whole plate with just fries.

[quote name='MamaParrotHead']I must confess, it didn't occur to me to try the dining room for lunch. I may try that this time (I'll definately be there for breakfast). My favorite lunch item, that I've been craving for almost 2 years now, is a CHILI DOG and FRIES from the grill. TO DIE FOR. LOL I love chili dogs, have had many different kinds in my 30+ years, and these are the BEST. :D

What's your favorite lunch item/s?[/quote]

TURKEY ON A COUNTRY ROLL!!! YUMMY!!

[quote name='TracersQQ']I can't believe nobody mentioned the Roast beef and Brie. I ordered it by accident, from the deli, and I love it. The next day I ordered the Rueban because everyone talks about it, so much - and I just was not excited about it the way I was that Roast beef and brie. fyi: You do have to request the brie on the roast beef, it's not automatic, but it is automatic on the room service menu.[/quote]
Why haven't I ever seen roast beef and brie??? How do they make it? Is the meat warm? Brie melted? This sounds so good! Might be something I could make at home!

Archived