Payment of tours need info asap

gardener718

Hello:

Has anyone dealt with Peru Adventure Tours? (San Martin)they also do tours in Lima. Also, has anyone paid for tours with a wire transfer from your bank, western union, or a money broker? That is how this tour company has to be paid. I am leary, if I even understood how to do this, of sending several hundred dollars to a company. Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Marianne

I would be very wary about sending money before a tour. We used a lot of guides whilst on our cruise last year and we didn't pay any of them before the actual tour.

However, after our cruise from Rio to Valpariso via Antarctica we arranged with a Peruvian Travel Agency to organize our visit to Cusco and Machu Picchu. This involved hotel bookings and the train booking up to the mountain, plus some sightseeing tours. I booked this company 15 months before our trip and did not have to pay one cent until 6 weeks before we were due to arrive into Cusco and then it was done by Credit Card.

We stayed at the very best hotels in both Cusco and Machu Picchu (Monasterio and Sanctuary Lodge). We were upgraded at our Cusco Hotel to a suite both Pre and Post our visit to Machu Picchu and our guide was fantastic.

The company is: http://www.peru-travel.info and I dealt with Carmen.

I cannot speak too highly of this firm, we were treated like royalty.

If you go to their web page and look under testimonials, you will find one from us which is the 8th one down.

I am sure that they can arrange any of the tours in Peru and they are very trustworthy.

Jennie

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jennie, I'm trying to look into the same tour you did. May I ask what you had to pay?

Their website seems to be going very slow, with some pages not loading fully for me right now.

Hope all is well with you :)

Archived