Looking for a guide in Danang

Jancruz

Can anyone suggest a guide they have used in Danang..

Thanks

Jan

As a frequent Vietnam traveler, I would recommend either contacting the Furama Resort, excursion dept. http://www.furamavietnam.com/?l=en&p=excursion

or IndoChina travel out of SF. http://www.indochinatravel.com/

Depending on the time available in DaNang and your interests, most people head for Hoi An. About a 30 minute drive. Very ancient, interesting, guides available all over DaNang for Hoi An.

If you are Vietnam War era age, DaNang is FILLED with war stuff. The Furama Resort sits on China Beach (one of the biggest R & R centers during the war). DaNang is also in the general area of Cam Ranh Bay, the US very large naval installation and home to the longest airport runway in the world.

It is really strange to drive by some of these installations, KNOW that US flags were flying over them 35-40 years ago, and see Vietnamese flags and Russian/Chinese equipment all around.

Enjoy!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Jan

I used Indochina Travel at Greatam's recommendation in Hanoi and Saigon, and was very pleased in both instances. By the way, the Silvers (who you met on your cruise this fall) say "Hello".

Fran

Thanks so much..Please tell the Silvers hi from me..really nice people!

Jan

Althought this may be a bit out of date, three or four years ago, we used Saigon Tourist very successfully for private touring in Saigon itself, but the comapny representatives we dealt with said that they operated nationwide. It prepared an agenda exactly as requested and provided a very fine, knowledgeable English speaking guide. I believe it is either ownded by or affiliated with the government.

Unfortunately, when I just tried a Google search I found two differrent websites each looking like it was the site for Saigon Tourist. One used a hyphen in its name, the other did not. They do not look like one and the same company.

I can only suggest that you try to locate the real one through the Vietnamese consulate. The one in DC is 202-861-0694 or 202-861-2293 (per the yellow pages). I assume that there are consulates in other cities as well.

When last I checked, in October 2005, there was an affiliated US company, Vietnam Travel Express, with an office in Arlington, VA (across from Washington, DC), (703) 243-0313 or (800) 659-6090. www DOT vietnamtravelexpres DOT com.

I have had no experience with Indochina Travel.

Good luck.

Furama Resort is OUTSTANDING: the most incredible view, beaches, rooms and infinity pool....... unbelievable!!

And indeed, a wonderful place to take a day trip to Hoi An; by the way, in the lobby of the Furama there is now a tailor so you have ample time to be fitted for that custom made suit / dress / pants / jacket / etc. :D

Archived