Problems Today on Boards Have Been Worse Than Normal

tuggers

last night I spent the time to reply to questions on 3 separate postings where I thought my responses would be helpful to the OP. Each time when I hit the submit button I got the dreaded fatal error over 60 seconds. and the responses I prepared were only 5or 6 lines. Why would it take so long for a reply to post with no pictures, no attachments, just text?:(

last night I spent the time to reply to questions on 3 separate postings where I thought my responses would be helpful to the OP. Each time when I hit the submit button I got the dreaded fatal error over 60 seconds. and the responses I prepared were only 5or 6 lines. Why would it take so long for a reply to post with no pictures, no attachments, just text?:(

What amy help you because the same thing is happening to me is if you get that fatal error, backspace, then refresh. 9 times out of 10 it does go through. Then when you get back to the Celebrity main page, then refresh again. it ususally go up to the top with that blue square over at the side because you posted on it. Hope this helps. it is getting frustrating.

To CC: those fatal errors message that I reported with the at the end are 363, 13 and 2966 if that will help. 363 comes all of the time.

Marilyn

Tonight I've gotten about 6 'fatal error, 60 sec timeout' windows!!

I've had calls from friends who can't get on the boards at all tonight!

I have just got the following timeout windows:-

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\boards8.cruisecritic.com\includes\class_core.php on line 363

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\boards8.cruisecritic.com\includes\class_core.php on line 2966

The 363 is the usual one but this is the first time I have had 2 at the same time.

Timeouts are usually due to the server or bandwidth not being able to cope with the traffic. :eek:

I also find that if you do a refresh it works.

I just do not know this last post did not go through on the Celebrity Board. I think another problem is when a post gets to the bottom of a page and page 2 should be shown, it does not.

Marilyn

Cruisemob,

I have also experienced that problem, but accidentally found out that if I hit the reply button at the end of the last post showing as though I am going to post, the others are then there:confused:

Methinks they should trade in that good old Commodore 64:D

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

Arno, have you seen where some of us have been talking about your posts (and apparently only your posts) are lots bigger than anyone elses and 'run' off the right hand side of the page?

I remember this happening to someone else in the past but don't remember what the fix was.

Arno, have you seen where some of us have been talking about your posts (and apparently only your posts) are lots bigger than anyone elses and 'run' off the right hand side of the page?

I remember this happening to someone else in the past but don't remember what the fix was.

I think that it's the cruise critic future cruises side by side.

Cruisemob,

I have also experienced that problem, but accidentally found out that if I hit the reply button at the end of the last post showing as though I am going to post, the others are then there:confused:

Ah, hadn't thought of that, I'll have to try that next time, it was driving me crazy that I couldn't get to them. Thanks!

Arno, (and apparently only your posts) are lots bigger than anyone elses and 'run' off the right hand side of the page?

Prior to the loss of posts during a software conversion by these boards several years ago, we were able to format lists and use HTML code in our posts. I remember some screens becoming very wide when there was an error in the code.

I have a 19" wide monitor that allows me to put three countdown clocks next to one another. When I decrease the screen size, the third clock automatically drops down. My posts do not appear any larger than any other post. It could mean that your "User CP, options" format the screen differently. You could check this under your CP options just as we have the Miscellaneous Option of not showing a signature or "Automatically parse links in text" when we reply to a post.

Now that I list the clocks side by side, do the posts still look larger?

Archived