Theme Nights on Rotterdam

Miss Jolly

Hello. A similar thread has prompted me to ask if Rotterdam has theme nights. We will be on board from 10th August through to 18th September (lucky us:D ) and we are not sure what to pack re this?

Thank you.

Jennie

Sorry - I just picked up a typing error in my original heading and thought that it may have put people off.:confused:

I don't recall any theme nights that needed special packing on the Rotterdam. You will have a Dutch night and Master Chef night where they provide hats for everyone at the table. You don't have to do anything else.

The only time anything special happened was Halloween when some passengers got quite elaborate with their costumes.

You will, of course, have formal nights where you get to put on the bling and the glam.

If this is one long cruise there will probably be a Black & White Officers Ball one evening. It will be a formal night, and people use the color theme in their evening wear that night. (But other colors are welcome, too.)

There may also be "theme" evenings in the Crow's Nest after the second show. There may be a "Country-Western" night, a "50's Sock Hop", a "Senior Prom"---things like that.

I've seen women in poodle skirts, twin sweater sets, saddle shoes, and scarf around the neck at a sock hop; I can't imagine taking up all that extra space in my luggage! Not to mention even owning those things in the first place.

There's no need to bring special clothes for any of those evenings. Just show up and participate. You'll have a good time.

Archived