Mariner Aft Cabin's

darshan

I have posted this in the cabin selection section, but I think RC people will have a better idea.

I have just booked a Aft cabin on Deck 10 of the Mariner, and I was really excited. Then I started reading about obstructed views, soot, noise, rocking. I am now a little nervous. Has anyone out there stayed in a Deck 10 Aft cabin? Do you happen to have any pictures of the balcony? Are they really better than the midship balconies?

Thanks for your help, hope I didn't make a mistake.

I have been on the Navigator a few times and always in Aft cabins on deck 7 and we never had any soot or smoke.

I have been on a few Radiance class ships too and also in Aft cabins and same there. I wouldnt be too worried about that, but you may want to think about noise and peepers from the Windjammer.

We were just on the Mariner in a deck 9 aft cabin 9692, and the views were awesome. You will have no obstructions on deck 10, but when you look straight down you will look at the deck nine balconies, as each deck down goes farther out. We didn't have any soot but you could feel a little vibration when you had bare feet on the deck or your hands on the railings, but nothing else you could really feel. The others in our group had mid-ship cabins and they were always down at our room because of the large balcony and the views on both sides of the ship.

We were on the Mariner in Jan in a corner aft 9690. We had a great view, a very small amt of soot depending on which way the wind was blowing, and felt no vibration.

Our aft on the Radiance we had alot of vibration and no soot.

We have had the AFT JS on the AOS Deck 10 and the AFT corner suite VOS Deck 10. We had soot only one time in total and I think it was due to the wind direction due to the fact that we can't explain it. As far as noise from the Windjammer, we have never heard a sound. Deck 10 AFT is truely a wonderful location.:)

I have posted this in the cabin selection section, but I think RC people will have a better idea.

I have just booked a Aft cabin on Deck 10 of the Mariner, and I was really excited. Then I started reading about obstructed views, soot, noise, rocking. I am now a little nervous. Has anyone out there stayed in a Deck 10 Aft cabin? Do you happen to have any pictures of the balcony? Are they really better than the midship balconies?

Thanks for your help, hope I didn't make a mistake.

we stayed in an aft cabin on Explorer (sister ship) a few months ago and we LOVED it. No soot..absolutley NO noise, not sure where someone could complian of noise, so very quite back there. No obstructed view..better view then side cabins, larger balconies then side cabins...simply awesome. We'd book an AFT cabin again easliy. I have some pics I can email you from our recenyt cruise of us on balcony, so u can look at the balcony and decide for yourself. email is kimtar and I am on aol.

Keep the aft. :)

I don't have a photo of the rear of Mariner or the Navigator (both would look the same) but I do have photos of the back of the Voyager and Explorer (same class). The boxes are around the Royal Family Suites.

The Voyager aft ...

Voyageraft.jpg

Explorer aft ...

Exploreraft.jpg

Can anyone comment on the deck 7 aft cabins on the Mariner? We booked JS 7692 fpr 1/20/2008 and are really excited about being on the aft. We were booked into an aft JS on the Grandeur this January but got upgraded to a RFS on the port side (couldn't refused all that space - we are a family of four).

Any noise/soot/sight lines issues on deck 7 aft?

Can anyone comment on the deck 7 aft cabins on the Mariner? We booked JS 7692 fpr 1/20/2008 and are really excited about being on the aft. We were booked into an aft JS on the Grandeur this January but got upgraded to a RFS on the port side (couldn't refused all that space - we are a family of four).

Any noise/soot/sight lines issues on deck 7 aft?

Thats great that you got upgraded to to RFS....I was spoiled on the Grandeur...didn't get upgraded but was my only time I had a grand suite was so hard to go back to a regular balcony room..

Archived