Amadagio Wellness Area

Chesie

Hello everyone,

Six of us will be on the 6/17 Amsterdam to Budapest trip. I thought to do a thread with title specific. Amadeus advertises massage, beauty salon and fitness room. If anyone can elaborate that would be terrific. How much and how do you go about setting up a massage? Is it done in your room or a specific area? Manicures, scheduling and cost? The fitness room consists of a treadmill by the photos. Is there any other equipment?

Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Chesie

Chesie,

The Amadagio features a fitness area with - I don´t remember exactly - maybe an exercise bike and a treadmill, weights. Don´t expect a large room. There´s a small sauna added to the fitness room (maybe seating 2 or 4, I wasn´t able to look inside as it was occupied). I sure made a photo.

There´s one cabin sized room for the beauty shop which was also thought to be used as massage room. It turned out that they needed one more room so they "converted" the adjoining cabin into a massage center. I can´t tell you anything about the prices. Reservations can be made aboard for both.

I´ll check my photo of the fitness room when I´m back home again.

steamboats

Chesie,

The Amadagio features a fitness area with - I don´t remember exactly - maybe an exercise bike and a treadmill, weights. Don´t expect a large room. There´s a small sauna added to the fitness room (maybe seating 2 or 4, I wasn´t able to look inside as it was occupied). I sure made a photo.

There´s one cabin sized room for the beauty shop which was also thought to be used as massage room. It turned out that they needed one more room so they "converted" the adjoining cabin into a massage center. I can´t tell you anything about the prices. Reservations can be made aboard for both.

I´ll check my photo of the fitness room when I´m back home again.

steamboats

Chessie - Here is a photo of the fitness room on the Amadagio. We were on the Christmas Markets cruise last December.

http://picasaweb.google.com/billwitowski/BudapestDanubeBendVienna

WIT

• 3 months later...

Wonderful! If you see 5 woman and 1 irishman that's us (my husband's the irishman). We acutally met a wonderful Australian couple a couple years ago while touring Italy and have stayed in touch with them.

I believe there are 25 or so bikes. I heard somewhere, because the demand was high, they were adding more bikes on board.

Hope to meet up with you on the ship.

Chesie

On our cruise, several energetic folks left the ship at one of the many locks and rode ten or fifteen miles to the next lock and met the ship there. I think they got special permission to do that as the lock masters sometimes don't like to let people on or off the ships there. They figured they had enough time to make the next lock before the ship got there - and they did. There was a slight mis-hap as one of the riders had a minor accident and sustained some injuries, but they seemed to have enjoyed their ride.

Buck

YIKES! I think you were asking about bikes in the fitness room and not the bikes to take off the ship. And I was talking about the bikes you take off the ship. Sorry about that. Buckland has answered your questions correctly.

Forgive me. I guess I'm just getting excited about going!

Chesie

Archived