I just finished my St. Thomas underwater photo gallery

bruce-r

I was in St. Thomas in December aboard HAL's Zuiderdam. Very nice ship, very friendly crew.

I did a 3 tank dive trip with http://www.admiraltydive.com I highly recommend them. They had pretty much everything I look for in a warm water dive operator: convenient pickup at the cruise pier, small boat/ small group, more advanced dive sites, and excellent customer service.

The first site was W.I.T. Shoal: The premier dive of the Virgin Islands. 400+ foot freighter, laying upright in 90+ feet of crystal blue water. Home for large Jew fish, snappers, roaming pelagics, turtles and tropicals. A photographer's dream, as light penetrates the holds and passage ways. Penetrate the ship by entering the smoke stack openings, enter the very soul of the W.I.T. Shoal. (Advanced dive) (quoted from their website)

s4.jpgs2.jpgs1.jpg

Second dive was Saba Rocks. Lots of fish including barracuda.

l21.jpg

The third dive was Flat Cay. A fairly shallow dive on a pretty health reef with lots to see.

l14.jpg

The rest of the photos can be seen St. Thomas Underwater Photo Gallery

Bruce.

thanks for sharing your fabulous pictures and for continuing posting on our CC boards.. we appreciate your support and knowledge.. now, if i could only get ONE picture to come out as good.. I think I mentioned before that I had purchased the Pentax W20 camera for my snorkeling trip and it leaked the first time i used it.. fortunately it is digital and the battery and card were not damaged and the 4 photos i did take were saved.. Pentax has replaced the camera and I'm anxious to try it again..

Bruce!! Awesome photos. Ryan is trying to remember what camera you have.

I really am impressed with the program you use to upload your pics. Gonna have to look into that.

I have an Olympus C5050. It is a few years old now and no longer being made. I know quite a few divers that have this model, including 10X.

The gallery program is pretty slick, but I did have to go back and add titles for the photos. The program only will use the file name for the photo titles.

Great job Bruce. I'll have to try Admiralty the next time we're in St. Thomas. I hope to have my recent cruise dive photos up within a month.
You won't regret it. Looking forward to seeing your photos.

Archived