Ok Girls help with shoe for fall cruise?? Please

marcyjane

Ok Girls tell me the truth!!!

Going the last week of September Carnival Victory, New York to Canada.

Will sandals be ok to wear if warm enough around the deck on this Canada cruise?

Also on formal night I'm having a toss up between packing a pair of black dress heels and black dress flats or a pair of sandals black with a design on top with a rinestone in the middle for formal night. I have a long black dress with secquins and also taking (2) pair of black dress pants and several different tops for the other dining nights.

Please give me your host opinion, you want hurt my feelings. I'm just a old (but young at heart) country girl.;)

Thanks

Hi there! Well, living in CT all of my life, people get fooled by the "Indian Summers" that we have. I would take the sandles because there are days, even in October, that the weather can jump up and be warm. Trust me on this one! I would rather err on the side of caution and have them with me, than not.

Janet ;)

Hi, I'm in Halifax, NS. I can't comment on what to wear to the formal nights as I'm still in the planning stages of going on a cruise but I can comment on sandals in early fall in NS, which I believe you have two stops in.

I can usually wear sandals until the beginning of October although I start wearing more heavy pants in mid-September. Last year, Hurricane Juan ripped through our city on September 29th and the next day was warm enough to sit out on our deck, cook our thawing food on the BBQ for the neighbours, and drink our warming beer in just pants, a light sweater, and sandals. (Sorry, we're still talking about it!)

I work just up from the waterfront and that gets a little cooler. When I go walking there on my lunch in the early fall, I usually bring a sweater but continue to wear sandals... unless it happens to be an unusually freezing day!

Sorry to ramble... my point is that, because of the geography of Canada, you never really know what it's going to be like. Even when the eastern states are having mild weather, we could be feezing... or vice versa. Personally, even I never know what the weather is going to be like day by day... I always carry the opposite type of shoe and an extra sweater in my work tote! My recommendation, bring two pairs for on the deck, sandals and something warmer. :)

Any other questions about Halifax, or NS, let me know. Maybe I'll be one of the locals passing by you on the waterfront!

M

PS-Don't forget to pack some light rain gear for your port calls in NS! Spring, summer, fall are our prime rain seasons!;) And NB gets colder earlier as they're more inland.

We can get some surprisingly warm days here (NJ, about 1/2 hr. from NY city) in September. I'd say bring the sandals.

Regarding your black shoes - I'd bring all three. The dressy sandals for formal night, the other dressy shoes for other nights, and the flats just in case you don't want to wear heels.

Yes, I'm a charter member of Overpackers Anonymous!

We went to Bermuda that week two years ago out of New York. It was warm all week. The morning we got back to New York though it was cool. I was glad I had some warmer clothes with me. I am from the south and here it is still like 80 degree days until like the last week in Oct. Not true of New York though.

Many, many, Thanks to all of you;)

I'll take them all.

Gardeningmouse, we are going to do a tour of Peggy's Cove first and then back to Halifax for a brief tour and walk around the waterfront area.

From what I have seen on the web your city look so nice.

Thanks Girls;) ;)

Did this trip on Voyager in late May/early June. It was way too cold for sandals on the deck or in port, but fine for walking around inside the ship. Sturdy walking shoes/socks were perfect for excursions. Go with the dressy sandals for at night - who wants to balance on heels on the ship? Bring a cover-up for the dining room - it did get cold.

Have a great trip.

Geri,

Wow, didn't realize that it might be that cold, I read lots of post about the fog. If it was that cold May/June it will really be cool in September.

They don't take up much room, so I may just throw them in anyway.

Thanks

Archived