Favorite Food??

SusieQusie

OK, you just made my rosemary allergy seem a lot more liveable... The rack of lamb sounded good, but I could not live without lobster! :eek:

Now I don't feel so bad anymore. It seems as if everything has Rosemary

in it. But the poster who talked about someone's allergy to cinnamon?

Wow, that's a difficult one too!

Haven't had a taste of lobster since January of 1988.

Does Princess serve sushi? My DH fondest memory of our last cruise on Celebrity, Mercury - Alaska, was the sushi they served at the buffet.

On the Diamond in September in Alaska they had a sushi buffet set out by the covered pool, it was nice and they also had a station out there serving soup and chili.

Allergic to lobster? that's terrible...but....

try being allergic to chocolate!!!!!!!!!!! NOT FUN! Try finding a variety of desserts without chocolate...that are not boring!

My mom has not eaten Chocolate for 46 years, she is not allergic but was put off it while pregnany with my oldest sister, she cannot stand the smell of it or have it on her plate, she loves dessert, cheesecake and anything without choc:D

Chocolate Hazelnut Souffle, Seafood filled puff pastry (usually served in the dining room the first night), Crab legs and lobster, cream bruele, the avocado boat filled with seafood (appetizer), the small ecclairs in horizon court, filled with chocolate pudding and finished with chocolate icing, and yes, the crusty rolls in the dining room are wonderful. We also have a favorite room service item, carmel flan. (If you like custard you will love this)

Can you tell we have alot of Princess food in our past?

We hardly ever order room service except for the occassional coffee and fruit in the morning so never had their caramel flan but I'm sure would love it, will add it to my food list.

Luckily the next cruise is 30 days so I don't have to eat all this in a week:D

My absolute favorites:

appetizer: grilled asaparagus with filo dough in a tarragon cream sauce,

crab quiches, eggplant parmasean

Soup: Pina Colada, Lobster Bisque, and Cream of Mushroom

Pasta: Alfredo

Main Dish..Beef Tournedos on the every day menu, Lobster Thermidor( now only upon request)

Dessert: Souffles, coconut ice cream with grilled pineapples (now only on request)

Since you stated that Lobster Thermidor were request only....how do you request them?

Will you need to ask for them the night before & to your own personal wait staff or who and when?

Thanks!

I'm sure if you speak to them and find out which night is the lamb you can pre-order one without the rosemary:D

Rack of Lamb is a staple on the Chef's Night menu. Leg of Lamb is available on the International menu. If you're a lamb fan, both are awesome!

Chris

Love the lobster tails, and the French onion soup. One thing nobody's mentioned as a dish is Heirloom Tomatoes. We bought the "Courses" cookbook, and I tried the recipe at home with regular tomatoes, and it just isn't the same.

As for allergies, I'm allergic to red food coloring, so I have to be REALLY careful about what I order. Some desserts, any salad dressing with an orange or red color (French, Catalina, raspberry vinagrette), even cranberry juice (but not cranberry sauce).

KD

OMG, I am drooling and remembering more and more of my faves from the last cruise and getting even more excited about the cruise.

Let's see:

I loved almost all the cold soups (strawberry, pina colada---only would I didn't care for was like a tropical---I think)

The Pizza by the pool is out of this world (and they have some also speciality pizza's)

Escargot and the crab legs were both awesome

I am sure there was more.....

You guys have me drooling here, I know not a pretty picture :p.

I have many many favourite dishes on Princess ships.

Appetizers.

Eggplant Parmesiana

Escargots

Smoked Duck

Soaps

Oxtail broth

Pina Colada

Mains

Lobster Tail

Crab legs

Prime Rib done rare (the only way)

Filet of Zander

Sole with Corn flake batter

Rack of Lamb

Leg of Lamb

Desserts

Hazelnut souffle

Hazelnut ice cream

I'm sure there are many others but I can't remember because I'm too hungry to think.

Loved the Kahlua rice pudding when they had it - we had to special request it this last trip:D

Love the creme brulee, escargot, osso bucco:eek: :eek:

Ummmmm.... yummy... never had this on Princess but I absolutely ADORE rice pudding. (I do remember that regular RP was available on the horizon court buffet in the am... had it EVERY DAY!)

DH thinks rice pudding is disgusting so I don't make it too much at home, only in restaurants, and now, on my NEXT CRUISE!

Will be my first "special request"

I'm not really much of a breakfast person but after reading this thread I'm either going to have to eat breakfast or my laptop!

We were on the Grand last March for Spring Break and took our two daughters and the oldest took a friend of hers. A few nights when my youngest daughter (12 at the time) actually wanted to spend a little bit of time with me we really, really enjoyed going back to the room about 10pm or so and turning on a movie ordering the most divine chocolate cake from room service with milk and just cuddling. She would go back to their room via our connecting balconies and all was right in our world.

I really can't say enough about the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast either... It totally got me hooked on the salmon, bagel and cream cheese they serve. The salmon is one of the first things I think about when cruising.

We are taking our last hoo-rah in March before we become grandparents and although I'll miss the girls I'm sure it will be a pleasant memory for me when I am helping with dirty diapers and night-time feedings.

For an extra special treat, except those of you allergic to chocolate, order a Chocolate Banana from the bar. Holy moly, this drink ROCKS! It's so good. It's a frozen drink that has the taste of a chocolate milk shake with a kick. I honestly have no idea what is in it but read about it before our last cruise. I wrote to Princess when I got home for the recipe, to no avail. When I wasn't eating chocolate cake with my daughter I was drinking Chocolate Bananas with my husband! It was a win-win!

And just so they are warned... Grand Princess, if you are reading this, I am NOT getting off of that ship in March until I know how to make that drink. :p

For an extra special treat, except those of you allergic to chocolate, order a Chocolate Banana from the bar. Holy moly, this drink ROCKS! It's so good. It's a frozen drink that has the taste of a chocolate milk shake with a kick.

You mean I can get fat AND drunk at the same time? Woo hoo! Count me in:p!!! Ha ha ha ha ha...I usually just drink beer, but now, in addition to loving my Brandy's Alexander, I'll have to try the Chocolate Banana.

Somebody else asked about the sushi. I have to qualify this by admitting that I am from a heavily Asian area of California, and so I consider myself a sushi snob (it's one of my favorite foods, and I eat it several times a week)...but I find cruise ship sushi to be completely disgusting bordering on inedible. It doesn't actually taste like any other sushi I've ever had. I don't find that cruise ships do "ethnic" cuisine very well, but when it comes to the European standards, they RULE!

Has anybody shorted out their computer keyboard while drooling during reading this thread??

The beef wellington was my absolute favorite! And the crusty rolls are to die for(I have a weekness for bread) I can't wait for the Kaluha rice pudding!!

Janabug,

I had Beef Wellington on Carnival's Ecstasy on my last cruise and it was terrible!

Since you said you enjoyed it with Princess cruise lines...do they really make it with Foie Gras or does it taste more like they use Chicken Livers? That is what Carnival's taste like--they used Chicken Livers and it had such a stronger favor...it was horrible.

I really like Beef Wellington and would like to order it but if the

Pâté around the beef between the pastry taste like it is made from Chicken Livers..I will pass it up.

Thanks in advance for the info!:D

For the beef wellington they use a mushroom truxel (Sp?) paste, not a pate. :) It is my husbands favorite dish on the cruise.

Amy,

Thanks for this info!

If they use mushroom pâté that will be fine. In fact that will really be very good. :D

I have had that type of pâté before and it has a very delicate flavor. Soooooooo much nicer than using Chicken Livers which have a VERY strong taste.:mad:

Okay this thread is killing me, while I eat my Sugar Free Jello. Just trying to lose weight until the cruise when I will consume huge quantities of anything and everything. :D Can someone tell me if crepes are served anytime through out the week?

Great Thread! I'm not much of a cruise ship foodie but looking forward to the desserts! Alas, I'm allergic to anything in a shell and totally despise fish. Everyone else in my family will have a great time at the seafood buffet-I won't be able to go near it.

Okay this thread is killing me, while I eat my Sugar Free Jello. Just trying to lose weight until the cruise when I will consume huge quantities of anything and everything. :D Can someone tell me if crepes are served anytime through out the week?

Crepes!?!?!?!?! Someone please say "yes" they are served at some point on Princess cruises........

Archived