So what kind of coffee is it anyway?

CRB#33

Toto,

how many shoes did you have to sacrifice for a 10 cupper? Yikes, I like my morning cuppa but the SHOES? How many? Just asking cuz I think you've already sacrificed enough for a really small one. Not giving up my shoes, no way. Where do I sign the petition for better coffee?

Sharon

This state of coffee affairs is pathetic. I'm assuming everyone has complained to Princess, right? Considering the contemporary coffee culture, they appear to be woefully behind the times. However, I refuse to bring a coffee maker on my first Princess Cruise. I only do that when I visit my mother. I will not let your reviews bias my taste-test when I'm on board. But, if you all are correct, I pledge to be next in line to send a letter of protest.

verwirrt, I didn't sacrafice any shoes, we carried it on in the original box. :o

A 25 day cruise meant every single inch of space was taken up, no room to add anything else.

I have one of those backpacks that folds up tiny when not in use and we just put it in there and DH carried it onboard. I always keep the little back pack handy just in case we need to take something large on last minute. :o

Ladies...this is coffe talk...let's not get off topic...gather around the shoe Department at Nordstroms and compare vamps, pump heights and stilletto's..but this here is serious debating about good COFFEE or the lack there of!

Do you only use the press in your cabin?

Would it be tacky to take to Horizon Court in the a.m. fill with hot water there and have it at your table while eating breakfast?

We can usually stomach the coffee for the first two days, once on a 17 day cruise gutter water was starting to sound a lot better!

Hmmm Carquay...Here's a topic: The French Press: neither French nor impressing...Linda's Thoghts on this one would most likely be:

Hey look it, either the Frenchy Press, or Krupp Krout Kanuption...and yes it would be tacky for you to either surrepticiously or not bring the portable Press table side..unless you bought the matching tote bag for teh Portable Frenchy Press adn ran around teh corner to the mens W/C and did all the pressing in there, flush the grinds in that "monster Lou Sucker" and dart back to your table acting non-chalant....ARE YOU KIDDING?.....we shouldn't have to resort to lugging such hardware and other conveneinces from home....Demand Bettter Coffee!

Do you only use the press in your cabin?

Would it be tacky to take to Horizon Court in the a.m. fill with hot water there and have it at your table while eating breakfast?

Have done both!!! And, OH, the looks of jealousy from people when they smell REEEEEAL coffee steeping at the next table!! :p

Or maybe that's the 'walkie talkie' scowl, not sure... :confused:

tom-n-jules..of course I know about the litttle metal trash can...however it's usually overflowing from the empty pastry rappers after gorging myself after ordering every desert from Room Service....

I would bet your getting the Walkie Talkie glares and the snickers you're getting that you still haven't noticed and picked up on are for the portable French Press!

Don't you just wonder what motivates Princess to pretend that this complaint doesn't exist. Does one of the board member's own the company that furnishes the suryp? It's almost in defiance, that they continue to ignore a solvable problem.

I prefer my fresh ground Black Cat Blend of http://www.intelligentsiacoffee.com/ made by both drip and french press. BUT, I also like a great cup of diner coffee, like overbrewed Superior generic blend. :)

Concentrated coffee can be decent (I know a banquet hall that I seem to always go to that I bring my own cup so I can have a to-go order, it's not bad at all!), if the proportion is correct and the concentrate is decent. The coffee on Princess is, I grant you, THIN, but keep in mind, they have a lot of people to please, so the LOWEST common dominator will win. The contingent of "it's too strong" will always be louder than "it's too weak."

There is an espresso bar, go get an Americano if you're looking for good ships coffee.

Or, start to enjoy good as well as bad coffee. Make a trip to that 24hr dive that cooks the butter in lard, and order an unlimited cup for 99 cents. Along with a side of heart attack. :p

But they better not mess with the Chocolate Bananna's, I'll scream bloody murder! ;)

Archived