Navigator 1692 - new question, perhaps

junobeach

Usually side balconies only get sun early morning or late afternoon, when the sun is rising or setting. The upper decks do tend to shade alot. When the sun is directly shining on the balcony, it can get rather hot, but the wind does temper it a bit.

If you're thinking of sunbathing--it's probably best to go to an upper deck with everyone else.

I knew the sun would be limited, but I'm glad to hear that there is hope for at least a bit each day. Thanks!

I don't think the sun will be limited. The shade is what has seemed limited to us! We are always in 1688 and our friends sail in 1690 (which would have the same weather conditions as 1692) and there has always been plenty of sun on these balconies. We specifically choose 1688 to avoid that sun! 1688 has a little shady alcove in the corner where my husband enjoys his respite from the sun while I catch a few rays at the same time! I don't think you will be disappointed!

Bonnie Voyager - You stated that you always get 1688. I am on a "wait list" for this room. How do you always get it? If you don't want to divulge your secrets to the board, you can e-mail me!

Over-the-edge: Can't wait to see all the pics. Thanks!

Bonnie Voyager - You stated that you always get 1688. I am on a "wait list" for this room. How do you always get it? If you don't want to divulge your secrets to the board, you can e-mail me!

Over-the-edge: Can't wait to see all the pics. Thanks!

I book most of my cruises the very day they open up bookings for that particular date! Sometimes that means I am booked over 2 years in advance. To date, I have always been able to secure my first pick of cabin using this method. I do want to point out that I don't ALWAYS prefer the aft/corner cabin. We like a nice balance of sun and shade (leaning toward more shade than sun) and many ships have NO shade on their aft/corner balconies, so on those designs of ships we usually move in to a center aft cabin which will be more deepset and provide more shade. But, as I said previously, the early bird catches the worm! ;)

We had cabin 1692 on the Voyager in December and LOVED it. The balcony is large enough that you get the best of both worlds. The portion of the balcony by the rail gets sun (depending on the time of day) and the portion by the cabin is in the shade. You will enjoy this cabin and balcony very much.

We enjoyed JS 1394 on the Navigator (Eastern Caribbean; October 2006) and were quite impressed with balcony size and the ability to loll about in shade or sun as we wished.

Here is a link to our photographs that includes many aft balcony views:

http://community.webshots.com/album/557560813tMrkMj?start=0

JS 1394 was right next to 1694 in the center on deck 10 so I hope the photographs will help to give you an impression of what will come for you.

The Navigator is a wonderful ship, with excellent service. I look forward to reading your cruise review when you return.

Archived