Pre cruise in Vancouver

adler223

Well, not knowing exactly what's in the package you're referring to, or how much it costs, I'll still bet you can do better yourself.

HAL pre-cruises tend to be very expensive for what you get. They generally pick expensive hotels, and then charge premium prices for them. You can usually do as well or better on the cost of the transfers, too.

The advantage of paying for a HAL pre-cruise, as I see it, is that when you arrive at the airport baggage claim area you turn yourself over to the HAL rep and never have to worry about another thing.

How much is that worth to you?

Is the pre-cruise package from HAL in Vancouver a good deal?

I don't know about the pre cruise package, but we stayed at the Fairmont. We enjoyed walking through Gastown and Stanley Park. If you like sushi, this is the place to get it!

Enjoy your trip!

We did NOT take the pre cruise package - we stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront - which is RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET :) from the ship harbor....we could see the ship come in from our window. Very easy to walk right across the street and embark.... + Stanley Park/Coal Harbor area is such a fabulous location! We booked sightseeing trips right at the Hotel - Vancouver + Alaska was truly a "10" vacation!

We stayed in a very nice place in down town Vancouver(don't remember the name) and walked to the pier. Gas Town, Stanley park and Granville Island are great! Do a lot of walking, it is a fantastic city and by all means take a stroll on the waterfront. Been there three times a hope to go back!:)

Archived