#7 bus questions

39august

Can you get to Somerset on this bus? I understand it goes by the Gibbs Hill Lighthouse. Can you get off there? Also, does the bus stop near Church Bay beach? I know this the bus to get to Horseshoe Bay beach, but am trying to see as much as possible on this route.

Can you get to Somerset on this bus? I understand it goes by the Gibbs Hill Lighthouse. Can you get off there? Also, does the bus stop near Church Bay beach? I know this the bus to get to Horseshoe Bay beach, but am trying to see as much as possible on this route.

If you want to see all those places, Church Bay, Gibbs Lighthouse and Somerset and as much as possible the best way is a taxi tour of the South Shore.

I have read that taxis are $40 per hour. Could I see these places in 2 hours?

Tour rates are about $36 an hour for 1 to 4 in a taxi and $50 an our for 5 or six in a taxi. I think you could see the places mentioned in two hours because the ones you mention are not that far apart but I recomend a three hour tour. We filled a taxi with 6 so it cost $25 each and got an extensive tour. Well worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I went on our honeymoon in June of 05 we took the bus everywere I think it was $20 for a day pass you can buy them on the boat or when you get off at the pier. We stopped at gibbs hill and warwick long bay. I was a much cheaper option thank the taxi.

My wife and I went on our honeymoon in June of 05 we took the bus everywere I think it was $20 for a day pass you can buy them on the boat or when you get off at the pier. We stopped at gibbs hill and warwick long bay. I was a much cheaper option thank the taxi.

Sure te bus is cheaper and I have used it often. But with a taxi tour you see a lot more in less time. Plus the driver tells you all kinds of stuff. You have a guide. I learned more on a taxi tour last May in three hours than I had in five years of taking the buses and ferries.

Archived