Century Sky Deck

geeandp

Anyone been on the sky deck of Century? Are there any advantages/disadvantages? I have never sailed on that high a deck before. We are booked midship, but I don't know how that will affect anything that high. Since some of our balcony will be uncovered I suspect it will be more windy than others.

Being high up you will feel the roll of the ship more (side to side), but as you are midship the pitch (end to end) won't be too bad. I was in that location on Mercury and as it was smooth except for pitching the last couple of days, it was fine and as Joray says, not much windier. Being midships means you also don't feel the thrusters as much when manoeuvring.

Phil

ps I'll be in 1208 in a little over a month and will take some pictures of the cabin.

In Sept we were on the sky deck in Sky Suite 1210 we loved it. The large balcony was great. We noticed movement but only when we were in rough seas, I love to sleep with the soft rocking.

Here are some pictures of our cabin and balcony.

720515780_OnBoardtheCentury9_2_06-16.jpg.bf0b19558d08693ec4e9c0d8fdec3f32.jpg

651314535_TaquinaTuscaniaItaly-04.jpg.e810d5307b8b9eb685fdcd5a56f504d4.jpg

1047799472_OnBoardtheCentury9_2_06-15.jpg.c309389f55dec6639f7bb34768641004.jpg

Are there decks on the ship where the Balconies are covered????? They are semi covered. For example, will the Sky Suites on the Penthouse Deck have smaller balconies than those on the Sports Deck Sky Suites on the Sports Deck have larger balconies than the Penthouse Deck.(Using Celeb. Century as reference)???

Thanks!

They are semi covered. The Sports Deck have larger balconies than the Penthouse Deck.(

Thanks for the photo of the Sky Suite Penthouse deck balcony Phil.

We will be staying in 1067 3/19/07 for a short 5 day from Miami and were interested to see the actual balcony size.

Can't wait to see the ship with all of it's new features and upgrades. We have been on the Constellation and found it to be outstanding in all ways so hope the Century is the same.

We will be glad to be out of our New England Winter cold. Only near 20 F today with a wicked wind.

Bye for now,

Les

In Sept we were on the sky deck in Sky Suite 1210 we loved it. The large balcony was great. We noticed movement but only when we were in rough seas, I love to sleep with the soft rocking.

GramaFran,

Loved the pictures of your Sky Suite. Couldn't help noticing two vases of flowers in the pictures from your September 2006 cruise. Where those complemntary?

We are curious as there were no flowers in our Century Sky Suite for our entire cruse. When we called Guest Relations we were told there were no longer flowers for the Sky Suites, only in the CC cabins, even though "Fresh-cut flowers" are listed on the Celebrity website as part of "Celebrity's Butler Service on Century."

Is it possible this is a new change of policy for 2007?

Was it just our cabin or our sailing that was left our? Anyone else have flowers in Sky Suite on the Century in 2007?

SeaUL8tr - We boarded the Century in Amsterdam loaded down with flowers from the floating flower market there. Our cabin attendant, Anna Maria took the flowers and arranged them for us. I did not ask about the complimentary flowers as I had so many of my own.

We always order flowers as a bon voyage gift to ourselves or take some onboard as they add to my cruising experience.

Francine

GramaFran-

Thx - great pix - the balconies are mammoth! Did you find 1210 to be noisy at all, being over the Island Cafe? Or being close to the pool? We are in 1209 in April (my first X and first suite) and was curious. Also, when using the butler, are all of his services included, or are there extra fees (for anything specific)? What all can/do they do? Thx

Jax, we are in 1209 as well, leaving on March 10. I too am curious as to whether we will be bothered at all by any noise from the cafe below. I'm also curious as to whether I can get any "sun time" on the balcony or whether the penthouse balcony above will provide too much of a shield.

I will try to answer your questions:

1 - We did not have any noise but the pool was not used too much as weather was not real sunny for our cruise. We did not hear any noise from the cafe at all.

2 - Butler - We had Cliff and he was fantastic - There are no extra charges except when we had a party in our room = we had to buy wine from room service, but Cliff supplied appetizers at no charge "He said do not call guest services for food as they will charge you, let him handle it" We did and it was great. He even did a dinner on the balcony for us - what a way to dine. We talked to Cliff upon embarkation and he told us what he could do "which was just about everything" and we asked about certain things we wanted such as a private coctail party. He also made appointments for me at the Spa and Beauty Salon. Every time we requested something from Cliff his answer was "of course madam I will do/get that immediately."

3 - the balcony is 1/2 covered so putting the lounge chairs out by the railing you could get lots of sun (if you are on the sunny side of ship) which changes. On Sky Deck there is no Penthouse above you.

If you have more questions - please ask,

Francine

That's great. We are going on the Century boat on the Sky Deck and we have sailed on Celebrity once before. We loved it. Our butler brought us a free internet chord as we were using it so much and paying for so much... :P WEll Thank you for teh infor mation Francine! We all can't wait.

I will try to answer your questions:

1 - We did not have any noise but the pool was not used too much as weather was not real sunny for our cruise. We did not hear any noise from the cafe at all.

2 - Butler - We had Cliff and he was fantastic - There are no extra charges except when we had a party in our room = we had to buy wine from room service, but Cliff supplied appetizers at no charge "He said do not call guest services for food as they will charge you, let him handle it" We did and it was great. He even did a dinner on the balcony for us - what a way to dine. We talked to Cliff upon embarkation and he told us what he could do "which was just about everything" and we asked about certain things we wanted such as a private coctail party. He also made appointments for me at the Spa and Beauty Salon. Every time we requested something from Cliff his answer was "of course madam I will do/get that immediately."

3 - the balcony is 1/2 covered so putting the lounge chairs out by the railing you could get lots of sun (if you are on the sunny side of ship) which changes. On Sky Deck there is no Penthouse above you.

If you have more questions - please ask,

Francine

Thanks Francine for the great info! I'm so relieved it won't be noisy!! I've never had a suite so this Butler experience will be a real treat. I'm surprising my 87 yr old mother, who has never had a real vacation ever, so now I will have a hard time keeping my mouth shut until then - can barely stand the wait!!

Thx again!

Holly

GramaFran,

Loved the pictures of your Sky Suite. Couldn't help noticing two vases of flowers in the pictures from your September 2006 cruise. Where those complemntary?

We are curious as there were no flowers in our Century Sky Suite for our entire cruse. When we called Guest Relations we were told there were no longer flowers for the Sky Suites, only in the CC cabins, even though "Fresh-cut flowers" are listed on the Celebrity website as part of "Celebrity's Butler Service on Century."

Was it just our cabin or our sailing that was left our? Anyone else have flowers in Sky Suite on the Century in 2007?

There were no flowers in our Sky suite on Sports deck 2 weeks ago.

Jax, we are in 1209 as well, leaving on March 10. I too am curious as to whether we will be bothered at all by any noise from the cafe below. I'm also curious as to whether I can get any "sun time" on the balcony or whether the penthouse balcony above will provide too much of a shield.

There is considerable noise from the entertainment on the pool deck, radiating to the sports deck suites. There is also some noise from above, on the walking and route-to-golf-and-basketball areas. This stops by the first dinner serving time, usually.

Thanks Francine for the great info! I'm so relieved it won't be noisy!! I've never had a suite so this Butler experience will be a real treat. I'm surprising my 87 yr old mother, who has never had a real vacation ever, so now I will have a hard time keeping my mouth shut until then - can barely stand the wait!!

Thx again!

Holly

Holly, that is wonderful! Your mom is going to LOVE it. I am sailing on the sports deck on 3/15. I can't wait to try out the sky suite. We got upgraded from concierge to the royal suite on the Millenium and it was the most wonderful experience, so now I am spoiled. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Fastfilly, come on over to the rool call forum and sign up, we have quite a crowd for this trip

Hope to see you there.:)

The Moof

Hi Moof! Yep, we already signed up a while ago. See you there!

Thanks everyone for the info on sun exposure and potential noise on the sports deck sky suites. I'm not fussed about hearing pool/entertainment noise during the day...it's when we are trying to relax at night that I get cranky! Sounds like that won't be an issue.

GramaFran,

We were in a Sky Suite on the Century in January, so were are friends. Both suites had flowers.

Holly, that is wonderful! Your mom is going to LOVE it. I am sailing on the sports deck on 3/15. I can't wait to try out the sky suite. We got upgraded from concierge to the royal suite on the Millenium and it was the most wonderful experience, so now I am spoiled. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Lookingforward -

Thanks, I sure hope she will love it!! I actually got a SS by accident - the TA had a better deal on that than a regular CC I was looking at !!

How did you get that upgrade to Royal Suite!!?? We have a regular CC class booked on Millie in Jan 08 (aft 8172) and now I'm sort of bummed its not a suite!! :)

Archived