My turn! My turn!!

Sale Away

To do the doc dance!!! Once Lisa posted she'd gotten her docs, I started counting down the days till mine would come since I'm 2 sailings behind her. :) So we're on the 3/31 Oosterdam sailing in what I'm now referring to as the "Laffnvegas Suite".

I showed my DH the doc folder and he said "Oh... you got a new evening bag?" LOL!

The contents:

• 6 baggage tags - check
  • Pre-boarding checklist - check
  • Travel document booklet
    • Mariner id listed - check
    • Laffnvegas Suite confirmed - check
    • Formal Nights: 2
    • Informal Nights: 1 (I thought they eliminated "Informal"?)
    • Casual Nights: 4

[*]Ship's arrival time in San Diego - 1pm?? What time can we start boarding?

[*]Leisure Dining letter - same wording as last year (wonder if we'll actually have tablemates that show up to dinner this year?)

[*]Revised port time letter

• Cabo: Noon to 6pm
    • Mazatlan: 8am to 6pm
    • PV: 8am to 7pm

[*]Shore excursion booklet (guess I have to make some decisions, huh?)

[*]Know Before You Go booklet (I wonder how old those photos are of the models in the rental formalwear?)

[*]Immigration forms (gotta remember to print out the forms I filled out online - waited too long last year and couldn't access them last minute so I had to hand fill out the forms)

[*]On board account form (sigh)

Looks like this will be a lightly sailed CC member cruise based on the roll call board. I've still been trying to convince some friends to sail with us and was checking availability. Noticed that prices on some of the cabins have actually gone up since last month. You'd think they'd be the same or lower to fill the cabins? There does appear to be quite a few empties and suprisingly, 5 of the 6 VA afts on the Verandah deck are showing as available. What do you make of that? :confused:

:D Here's a GREAT BIG Congratulation from Laffnvegas:)

Isn't it fun to get those Documents.You are now in the home stretch having reached the Doc Dance Stage, the next is to pack. Then the BIG Event:cool:

Don't be too discouraged about your Roll Call, I have found if I keep posting every few days that the closer you get to your cruise the more that suddenly come in and say they are joining you. You might have several new poepl join now that they are receiving thier Docs.

Here's a teaser picture for you from that wonderful 5187 verandah.

478583757MidEaP_th.jpg

click picture to see larger photo

Here's a teaser picture for you from that wonderful 5187 verandah.

478583757MidEaP_th.jpg

click picture to see larger photo

It was really your photos that hooked me on booking that cabin this trip. This picture's a different angle than the others I've seen too.

6 weeks, 1 hour 49 minutes and counting.....

Oh... I just noticed. There are also 2 buttons/badges (like the kind you buy at football games?) that say Holland America Mariner in the folder. Last year was our first HAL cruise so this is the first time we're actual Mariners. I thought they had "nicer" buttons than that? And there are 3 of us but only 2 buttons. :( Also wanted to check with you vets, I noticed the boarding documents only had one out of our 3 Mariner numbers listed. Will we all get credit for the sailing under our individual numbers?

Oh... I just noticed. There are also 2 buttons/badges (like the kind you buy at football games?) that say Holland America Mariner in the folder. Last year was our first HAL cruise so this is the first time we're actual Mariners. I thought they had "nicer" buttons than that? And there are 3 of us but only 2 buttons. :( Also wanted to check with you vets, I noticed the boarding documents only had one out of our 3 Mariner numbers listed. Will we all get credit for the sailing under our individual numbers?

The buttons are really no big deal, as for the Mariner number, they only print one number on the documents but everyone will get credit. When you do your immigration form on line it will also ask you about number of days as well as about the third day of the cruise you have to fill out your debarkation papers and turn them in. On that you will also have to state how many days you have with HAL for each person sailing with you. I am sure you are all noted as being Mariners.:)

Congratulations on getting your docs.

When we sail out of San Diego (our home port), we always check in around 11 - 11:30 and have never waited past noon to board.

If you arrive later, there may be long lines as our cruise terminal does not have the roomiest waiting area.

Archived