Suite

dolls4sell

I read somewhere where the suite passangers can have breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill. Then I read where they have a special luncheon or dinner in the Kingsroom. We will be going on the Maasdam in Oct. We had a suite on the O in 2004 but we were so busy that if they did have this I wasn't paying attention, but we did get invites to parties which we went.

Not sure about the Maasdam but on the Oosterdam last year, we ate almost all our breakfasts in the Pinnacle. Just a different (less busy) dining area than the Vista or Lido. We never did eat breakfast in the Vista so I don't know whether the menu was different. As for the special luncheon, ours was in the Crows Nest. It's probably just in different locations depending on the ship. We had invitations for a cocktail party in the Neptune Lounge, another up on deck outside the Oak Room and the aforementioned luncheon. Breakfast in the Pinnacle (or King's/Queen's Room depending on the ship) is a perk, not an invite event, for suite dwellers.

There is no King's Room on Maasdam. It was used to create Pinnacle Grill.

Suite guests (PS and S categories) can have breakfast in Pinnacle Grill. We did a few times last August on our b-to-b's. We always have Room Service breakfast but our friends went to Pinnacle so we joined them a few mornings. VERY nice. Same menu as dining room but a nice atmosphere/good service.

Does an ss suite allow you to have breakfast in the Pinnacle??

No it doesn't. Only an 'S'- Deluxe Verandah Suite (not the Superior Suite) and the 'PS'- Penthouse- get this perk. Most of the amenities you read about are only for S and PS. HAL makes it difficult to understand the differences in perks by calling so many cabins 'suites'.

We enjoyed several breakfasts in the PG on ZUI last year and plan to do so as well on OS in April. It is a lovely room and breakfast was peaceful and quiet.

We actually had dinner there 6 of 7 nights as well simply because it was so intimate and the service so good.

Archived