Beginner Scuba in GC or Coz?

Almost Packed

Definitely choose Grand Cayman. We're advanced scuba and do a lot of diving in GC and in Mexico. Diving is definitely better now in GC since the hurricane took out most of Cozumel's coral. Also, Cozumel diving is drift diving which is not as (IMO) enjoyable. You'll have a memorable experience wherever, though. Good Luck!!

Definitely choose Grand Cayman.
I'd also pick Grand Cayman for a discover scuba experience, mostly because of the lack of current. The diving in both places is good. Wilma did to a lot of damage to the shallow, near shore dive sites, the kind of site you'd visit on a discover scuba dive, but you need to remember that the year before wilma, Ivan did a lot of damage to Grand Cayman. Like Grand Cayman, the marine life in Cozumel is making a comeback.

thanks for your input everyone. i did switch my excursion so we will be doing beginner scuba in GC instead of Coz. I'm happy about it. I'm hoping my husband will fall in love with scuba so we can get certified and do tons of diving. :D i just know i will love it!! i have no doubt!

Archived