Deluxe Suite room service.

expectGREATthings

No, the room service menu is the same for all the cabins on HAL. It's a fairly extensive menu, including a nice selection of hot/cold items for breakfast. Anyone in any cabin category can also order from the dining room dinner menu, if you place your order within half an hour of the first dining room sitting, although you can request that your dinner arrive anytime during the four dinner sittings.

We've sailed HAL 7 times and 4 of these in Deluxe Verandah suites (that's an "S" category) which give you access to the Neptune Room and some awesome special services. We've ordered room service before and found that pretty much ANYTHING we ask for they will prepare. We've never actually used the actual room service menu ... rather, we just called room service and asked if they would prepare what we wanted -- every single time they said, "of course" and we loved it. We ordered room service frequently on the Alaska itineraries because we wanted to have room service on our balcony (they set the table with linen, china, etc.) and bring a warming oven to the balcony to keep dishes hot until you're ready to have them served. We didn't want to miss the glaciers and shore scenery so room service was perfect and very romantic. If you're staying in the "S" category suites, try room service - it's great!

We are in an SC aft suite for our upcoming Turkey Day cruise:) We will be traveling with other family members who are in regular verandah rooms ... wondering if we can order room service dinner for say 6 of us on our verandah one evening?

We have not sailed with HAL since 2004 and I'm pleased to see that breakfast in the Pinnacle/Kings Room has been reinstated - we complained bitterly in 2004 when that service had been withdrawn. We will be on the Ryndam in November.

Mary

The tables on the verandah are round and smaller than a "normal" dining table but you can seat 4 around it with a set of dinner plates. It's just not necessarily a roomy table.

You can see some good pics of the verandahs at

Zuiderdam suite pictures

It is fun to have breakfast or lunch there. But personally I would stick with the dining room for elegant dinners.

Have a GREAT cruise!

Thanks for the info everyone.

We enjoy eating dinner al fresco at least once on our cruise. We love breakfast each morning on the verandah although it sounds like we should check out the Pinnacle Grill one morning.

My hubby loves eggs benedict. I'd read here that if you want something, then write it on the room service door tag. Prior to doing this, we asked the guys in the Neptune Lounge if they knew if eggs benedict was on the menu. One of them called room service and was told it was not.

Well, for the next two mornings, we wrote in "eggs benedict" anyway, and it was delivered to our room. We did this one other time, and the eggs benedict didn't arrive with the food. We were told by the delivery person that it wasn't available that early (I think that was the morning in St. Thomas, and we had breakfast delivered by 7:00 or so). For some reason I added on an extra order of eggs, which was good, since we didn't get the eggs benedict. I was a bit surprised that someone didn't call us and tell us this, but I am sure they have their hands full with all the room service orders.

Just make sure and be specific when you order. If you want toast and butter, you have to mark how many packets of butter you want. The toast does not come buttered. Same with jelly.

Archived